Long Time Lurker, Current Parts guy

11 hours ago, glenbjackson said:

id tell him to keep pushing through, you learn a huge amount of how you motor works and interchangeability by doing and touching it yourself. also he's keeping usable parts out the landfill 

if he shares his knowledge on these forums we all dually benefit from his effort. im also tearing down a ford motor i never knew existed. 6.22l inline 6 diesel, mechanical pump...... elegantly simple.  came in farm trators, road trators, dollies and trucks overseas. alot of commonlly available parts that no literature mentions that would be compatible. would not know unless i held part in my hand and seen this might fit such-n-such.  this is how you become one of the guys with a wealth of knowledge..... by doing.

God, love you the last six popper Ford I saw was a 300 in 65 galaxy my sister had four-door 3 speed on the column that was 50 years ago. Great thanks for that. Yes I think this guy is going to keep pushing on. He’s just pissed that you can’t trust a lot of shit it was buying I did not realize that was a problem. My uncle was telling me that way back in 1970 with the Mack engines, you have to check the rings before you put them in i’ve only done three engine overhauls one Ford one Chevy one, Mack I didn’t have a problem with any of them but then again, I did not check the rings before hand guess I got lucky… bob

• Like 1

23 hours ago, fjh said:

We would use the synchro kit from PAI over Mack solely  for the price for 13/18 sp mack trans! Every bit as good ! we  Never used PAI for Gears How ever I wouldn't hesitate if given a choice! We have a place local here quicker to deal with for gears  as down time is important to most guys  as well! 

We had one independent auto parts store here it was huge and full machine shop. All of a sudden we’re gone the last of the dying breed. Counnter help was all old guys.., so all we have left is the chain stores. Bob

• Sad 1

On 3/9/2024 at 8:56 PM, Joey Mack said:

E-7's ? short blocks from Mack???  Hell,  I tried to get an E-Tech re-man and was told to  send my engine to the re-man center and IF they can rebuild it it would be 6-9 months...  because they didnt have that engine in stock...  Its no mystery why I use PAI parts,, 

I will say it's been a while since I've quoted a short block for an ETECH or older, most of our customers have been asking for overhauls lately. Maybe there's something I didn't know... 

21 hours ago, mowerman said:

We had one independent auto parts store here it was huge and full machine shop. All of a sudden we’re gone the last of the dying breed. Counnter help was all old guys.., so all we have left is the chain stores. Bob

Noticing this too! Our longest running machine shop closed here last month only one mom and pop  shop left in town now! Sad ! They had been here since the early 60s My Dad used to use them ! The throw away society has crept up and over taken most of these places! And the walmart stand in line type places have taken over offering dollar store parts and  very basic machine work or mail out style machine work!

• Like 1

That's what happens when I learn the wrong vernacular... So many people above me call parts the wrong name I've picked it up as a bad habit. 

You're right, basic engines are the ones we always order, but you'd think if you can order a completely assembled engine, they'd sell you a short block... 

On 3/8/2024 at 6:49 PM, Big Mack Truck said:

Yes, I have. They are super low cost! Is that what you guys here are using nowadays? My thought process is I can't afford to be cheap because it costs more typically.

My Mack dealer uses PAI parts for engines frequently.

• Like 1