RD specs

Macktruckman

Question

I don't remember if they were 5 or 6 spoke hubs but what I can see of your axle looks like the common 8 bolt used on 38's the heavier axle I've seen used 6 bolt or the cone shaped axles

• Like 2

I called mack. They cant tell me the rear suspension. Only the numbers on the tag that I already posted. The guy was surprised to hear they could be 38’s in a mixer. He said he hadn’t heard of that. He said that the front axle number is FA617C but couldn’t tell me anything else. He said their data is pretty limited these days. 
josh

Typically an rd690"S" would be 44k rear camelback. An "SX" would be 58k or higher. "ST" would be either 34k or usually 38k. If this was a concrete mixer then yes I expect it's just a solid beam version of the Mack Camelback.

• Like 1

Yeah Joe it was built new as a mixer which im sure explains why it’s a solid walking beam. I just don’t know how to tell what the rear axles are by looking. It has the bolt on caps over the trunion where my 38’s are open ended bushings. So 44 seems plausible. I sorta expected that they would be heavier than 38 being a mixer but I wouldn’t really know. Do you know if any of it will interchange with my 38 camelbacks? Mine has 4.17 will they work in the heavier rears ? Bolt in? Or are they different? I think the 5.73 in the mixer rears are too slow for my use. Might help my power though. 
Thank you for all the replies btw. 
Josh