Save the Lone Star State

70mackMB

OK latest my sister is now crying. They’re getting these illegal aliens. Three months of free rent. Some places now they are wining . What are we supposed to do after that.. I suppose they know just it enough English to beg for more freebies. She was supposed to sell her house  retire from Mass General And move to Myrtle Beach this summer now she’s got it up for sale right away. She’s afraid soon her property value will start dropping  in Lynn. … bob

• Sad 2

Used to spend a lot of time there when I was a young guy. I don’t recall the place having any issues it wasn’t the classiest town I’ve ever seen and of course I used to work there…. Bob

20 hours ago, 70mackMB said:

Oh come on, you need to finish it!............ 

Lynn Lynn the city of sin. You'll never come out the way you went in! (l think that's how it goes?)    .....Hippy

Yup that's the way it goes 

8 hours ago, mowerman said:

Used to spend a lot of time there when I was a young guy. I don’t recall the place having any issues it wasn’t the classiest town I’ve ever seen and of course I used to work there…. Bob

Brockton used to be ok too but I was able to escape there 10 years ago

• Like 1

Well, I grew up in Peabody pretty cool town no crime at all and I can’t believe how expensive it is to buy a house there now mind boggling Reno is getting to be the same way I moved here 30 years ago you could buy a house, but nothing 90,000 for a brand new house Now everything is over 400 starting price I don’t know how the hell anybody could get into one of these days  bob

I got an even better one. My wife’s parents bought their house in San Diego for 25,000 in  69. it is now worth 750,000 you gotta be kidding me I would like to move there but I can’t afford it…. Bob

My aunt and uncle and cousins lived in Stoughton that’s been 15 years since I was over there visiting but it seem like it was still pretty decent area. One of our Fedex Freight yards was just down the street from them…. I didn’t see it, but that’s what they were telling me. Bob

People over here would be pissing their pants with prices like that I only paid 179 for this place half acre you can’t touch anything here for that now not even a condo I don’t know why this place is so expensive now except for too many people moving here from the California bay area driving up all the prices.

This is the house I grew up in, and both of my parents lived there until they passed away. I believe it cost $8,000 to build in 1964. I have no idea what it's worth now, but I'm pretty sure they financed it for 20 years. To me, 20 years sounded like forever in 1964. 

Screenshot_20240217-163425.thumb.png.a6d1c0e26c2b8f54bc815178952926d3.png

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I bought my house 20 years ago this fall for $60k. Doubt I could get half that today. Anybody looking to buy a house in these parts is going to buy across the river. Anybody willing to buy a house in this state is going to buy farther into the state closer to whatever jobs haven't disappeared. Hell, nobody even wants to rent around here. There's a rental house just across the highway that's been sitting vacant for at least 4 years now. Sucks, because we'd love to GTFO of this state...but can't afford to walk away.

Governor of this state loves raising our taxes, burdening us with regulations, forcing schools to teach every woke BS topic that comes along, meanwhile kids can't read, write, or do math at grade level, and they're ignorant in science & history. It's rather amusing how proud he is to declare this a "sanctuary state" while crying about the influx of illegals from Texas. I fly the flag as a big ol' F-YOU to the fat slob who calls himself the governor of this wretched state.

IMG_20240210_1619513_compress70.jpg

• Like 2
When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

Rebel I would like to get out of here too but it’s for a completely different reason overcrowded expensive too many cars too many lights too many people too many idiots if you asked me this place used to be a nice little quiet town. All of a sudden it  just took off. … bob

12 hours ago, mowerman said:

My aunt and uncle and cousins lived in Stoughton that’s been 15 years since I was over there visiting but it seem like it was still pretty decent area. One of our Fedex Freight yards was just down the street from them…. I didn’t see it, but that’s what they were telling me. Bob

Stoughton actually hasn't changed as much as Brockton.  We were working in Stoughton yesterday  and Peabody last Friday 

12 hours ago, mowerman said:

Rebel I would like to get out of here too but it’s for a completely different reason overcrowded expensive too many cars too many lights too many people too many idiots if you asked me this place used to be a nice little quiet town. All of a sudden it  just took off. … bob

My wife was down in New Braunfels, TX when I met her. Wasn't too bad...shit, that was 22 years ago this summer. Last time we went down there was a little over 5 years ago just before my boy's 1st birthday so he could meet Grandma, and my how it'd changed! Couldn't make a left off her mom's street due to a ridiculous amount of traffic...had to make a right & find someplace to turn around. We'd stopped off in Gainesville on the way down to visit some of the wife's college friends, and the entire way...300+ miles...was the traffic volume of 270 around St. Louis at rush hour, but moving at 70+ mph. Absolutely insane. We had been considering moving to Texas, but I told her I wasn't going to have to deal with that crap 10 hours per day 5 days per week. We'll get out of Illinois eventually. Texas is great, just not if you're a driver. The region we're in isn't bad...just need to get across a river. Doesn't matter if it's the Mississippi or Ohio...or even a little farther up to the Wabash...just need to get across a state line to find a little freedom. This here state sucks.

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

Yeah, that’s the way my sister feels about New England. Lots of towns are growing like that. Seems they pick one area is just pound on it like this place they just keep building a building more houses more businesses more warehouses buddy of  mine just moved to Texas. I don’t know what part, but he got into the house  investing racket retired from the road. I don’t know where he is but he said it’s really small and there’s not a lot there. But he did say there’s a Home Depot within walking distance and a school what more do you need? Ha ha. fixer-upper cleaned it all up and got like 250,000 for it. So wherever he is houses are still pretty reasonable… he did a beautiful job on the inside …..bob

IMG_2948.png

What little ground water there is in my area isn't great so not much expansion in the last 20+ years. Housing is so cheep about all you need is a pulse to find a livable one. 

Visited a friend who lives by Wichita the other day and wow that's too fast for me!