Did you know

mrsmackpaul

Don't know much about photography so maybe this is not unusual but it seems to me that the shutter speed (or whatever you call it with digital cameras) was quite fast as it captured the propeller as if it is stationary. Maybe this is just how fast all digital cameras take a "frame" but I don't recall even seeing that before.

Wonder how those public highways are used for landing the plane. It must be very dangerouse if the stretch isn't closed at the both ends. But overall the idea is great for sure.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

2 hours ago, Vladislav said:

Wonder how those public highways are used for landing the plane. It must be very dangerouse if the stretch isn't closed at the both ends. But overall the idea is great for sure.

Paul can probably elaborate on me, BUT the Australian "Out Back", where the flying doctors operate has a lot of ROOM!!!!!!  The Flying Doctors operate in rural areas and small town where there is not that much vehicular traffic. And the people on the roads have been educated to expect such happenings. I am assuming the picture Paul posted may be a news shot in relation to an accident on the highway??? 

Brocky

On 12/31/2023 at 6:55 AM, Licensed to kill said:

Don't know much about photography so maybe this is not unusual but it seems to me that the shutter speed (or whatever you call it with digital cameras) was quite fast as it captured the propeller as if it is stationary. Maybe this is just how fast all digital cameras take a "frame" but I don't recall even seeing that before.

I took a picture of a helicopter at the Truckers Parade Against Cancer last year and it looked like the propeller was stopped, it's still on the computer. I might have posted it on pictures of the week here, I don't know. 

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

11 hours ago, Brocky said:

Paul can probably elaborate on me, BUT the Australian "Out Back", where the flying doctors operate has a lot of ROOM!!!!!!  The Flying Doctors operate in rural areas and small town where there is not that much vehicular traffic. And the people on the roads have been educated to expect such happenings. I am assuming the picture Paul posted may be a news shot in relation to an accident on the highway??? 

We only live 3 1/2 - 4 hours from a capital city

If I hit the road at 4am I might pass a car every 1/2  hour  to hour

Head north a bit into Western NSW and even during the day I wont pass a vehicle in 1/2 hour or more

Into western QLD and it's even fewer 

Now if I head west or into even more remote country during summer I can drive all day and pass maybe 1 other vehicle 

The Nulabor plain were this photo is taken the traffic is a lot busier and yet it still isn't flat out 

The Nulabor was fully sealed in the 70s and highway number 1 the goes right around Australia in the 80s

So maybe think about this 

The Nulabor has the longest straight stretch of rail line and road in the world

100 plus miles with out a bend so its pretty easy to see traffic and Australians are pretty good at taking charge of things like this without officials 

Paul 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1