Common sense Electric Trucks

fjh

Thought I would post this ! These guys put a shitload of common sense to use here ! Hopefully they go some where with it ! They definitely wouldn't Be hired by any of the corporate type companies they are too logical! There veiws reflect my thoughts for the most part as far as saving the environment they hit the nail on the head! Not sure how this will work out for over the road use as their main focus is logging how ever.......! 

• Like 1

They really are good to watch, very interesting stuff

Their logging idea makes sense, recharge down hill with logs pushing the load, them drive back up on the already charged battery 

Only problem for Australia is we dont have huge mountain ranges like the US or Canada 

And I dunno about the steering wheel in the middle and if that will pass ADR

But good on them for having a go 

Paul

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mrsmackpaul said:

They really are good to watch, very interesting stuff

Their logging idea makes sense, recharge down hill with logs pushing the load, them drive back up on the already charged battery 

Only problem for Australia is we dont have huge mountain ranges like the US or Canada 

And I dunno about the steering wheel in the middle and if that will pass ADR

But good on them for having a go 

Paul

Yup I agree! Good on them! Right down to earth well grounded dudes with a focus!  I question the usefulness over the road also!  the Cab makes huge sense as vocational units As they were saying the visibility alone is a true bonus! The Idea of haveing everything generic is a true savings in the logging game! thing is , everything as it is these days is to create more business built in obsolescence is In order for them to have that they must have something to sell after the sale of a unit! there growth will be limited ! they have no captivation not even the Cab ! I believe the repower idea is a sound idea! repower kits makes sense! still a huge undertaking for most thou! 

• Like 2

I've been watching them for a couple months now.  In a world of insanity, they do bring common sense to the table.

Where they may fail is getting product to market fast enough.  Their plan is to make like 5 of these, put them out in the field to work out the bugs, which there probably won't be any, before ramping up production. By the time they get their production going their competition will already be making comparable setups.  Me being me, I'd still buy one of theirs first.  $90 generic headlight at the local parts store sure outweighs the $1,700 special one on back order. A lot of thought went into this rig.  Air ride battery tray. Differentials mounted so the motors are protected in both forward and reverse. Easy/comfortable access to the dash and electronics.  Fault code system that displays what the fault is instead of some B's code you need a $$$$$$ computer program to read.

• Like 1
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, JoeH said:

I've been watching them for a couple months now.  In a world of insanity, they do bring common sense to the table.

Where they may fail is getting product to market fast enough.  Their plan is to make like 5 of these, put them out in the field to work out the bugs, which there probably won't be any, before ramping up production. By the time they get their production going their competition will already be making comparable setups.  Me being me, I'd still buy one of theirs first.  $90 generic headlight at the local parts store sure outweighs the $1,700 special one on back order. A lot of thought went into this rig.  Air ride battery tray. Differentials mounted so the motors are protected in both forward and reverse. Easy/comfortable access to the dash and electronics.  Fault code system that displays what the fault is instead of some B's code you need a $$$$$$ computer program to read.

Agree ! They took advice and knowledge from the masses and personal experience! and put it into practice!👍 That said you need repeat business to stay in business There are no captive parts on that unit! That is  what the big guys count on there is a method in their madness And it works once you got one your trapped ! whether it be a Pete A KW or Volvo trash its the way its designed!