Colfax, N.C.

other dog

It's time for the ATHS Show in Colfax, N.C. again. The weather is supposed to be sunny and beautiful Saturday, with a high in the low 80's. Just wondering if anybody else was going? We're hoping too, we were looking forward to it, but a good friend of mine passed away yesterday and I don't know what the funeral arrangements are yet.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I haven't talked to him for a couple of years, but he came to a lot of cookouts at the house in Gladys, and he also worked for F.L. Moore & Sons. Before that he used to own his own trucking company, FWC. They were right on rt. 29 south of Lynchburg, across 29 from the truck stop. So now I don't know what to do.

Yes indeed, it is a good show. Should be a good turnout with the nice weather too. We always check out the farmer's market, bought some good blackberry wine there one year. And found some cayenne peppers one year, when I didn't grow any. And they have lots of food vendors at this truck show too. I hate having to miss it.

22 hours ago, doubleclutchinweasel said:

I'll have to see if anybody feels like going with me.  Not sure if the Mrs. will feel up to it.  Maybe one of the grand-horses will want to go.

Take plenty of pictures for us please. 😁 

On 10/24/2023 at 7:23 PM, other dog said:

Well, I guess that settles that. I was hoping it would be Friday, but I'll be going to a funeral Saturday.

sadly the funeral topic seems to be more frequent. Saturday was suppose to be at daughters house for her sons birthday; now it will be at a funeral for one of the Church's partitioners. He was highly involved in Church activities ; good person. I have Dr appointment  friday am  with hopes I can be "cleared" to drive to NC : won't make the show but see my sister and possibly other BMT members. 

• Like 1