Old Mack Brochure Images

If you look to the lower left you will ser they talk about the coolpower Mack motor 

This is not my photo, was I believe taken at the Brisbane truck show ????

But I wouldn't hold me to that 

This when Australia changed from Tip Turbine to Econodyne or chassis mounted cooler in front of the radiator 

img204.thumb.jpg.e714c6a29cdfb6e185604453eb062671.jpg

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/18/2023 at 11:46 AM, mechohaulic said:

pictures are interesting to everyone. Thanks for the post.  the R401's are showing the scania diesel. they did have some with the V-8 gas engine also. was (still is) a scrap Iron company in CT (waterbury )  that ran alot of the R-400's with both gas and diesel. today they run other brands.

I have learnt about these spreader trucks sold new in NewZealand with Scania motors

Not my photos at all, believe Tony Jury photos ??

FB_IMG_1693628183514.thumb.jpg.242168724c5123049127f81c5433b1bc.jpgFB_IMG_1693628203521.thumb.jpg.86950a647bdf62d68ce8337dfd32cf8c.jpg

Paul 

• Like 1

I am always amazed at how big and strong the Mack's in your country and New Zealand look, and with the freight behind them..  I wonder what it would be like to drive those loads in your world..  Awesome!!  Jojo

ambition seemed low today ,spent some computer time looking at the Mack trucks which led to large Macks ; the M-100 which only three were made -huge. never realized or thought of huge units being made. east coast in the states had low numbers of over size units . for a real laugh ended up on unusual large type trucks . there's some units out there then  you just shake you head at .