E7 350 full mechanical Bosch pump

Supermutt

hello, I don’t mean any disrespect to anyone on the site. I am looking for a resident wizard on the E7 350 mechanical fuel system. 
  I have read countless posts on here but they do not get into the specifics of fuel settings etc and many have a lot of folks chiming in with their two cents but actually have very little experience with this specific fuel system. 
  Any help would be greatly appreciated ! 
thanks 

It would be a Robert Bosch pump of that era. The easiest way to tell is where you screw your injector line on. The Robert Bosch pump has a extremely fine spline barrel nut that takes a special socket to remove the barrel and replace pump washers. The American Bosch pump was way more low profile where the injector lines screwed on. The fine tuning of the pumps were not done at the dealerships. This was a pump shop type of repair/adjustment. However like some people said I remember removing the top cover marking the position of the sliding rail with a punch and moving it forward and test driving. I’ll see if I have any information on it in my old manuals at work 

• Like 1

Proper pump  timing is crucial for best performance. Using a Kent Moore A-B light , set the pump timing 1 degree higher than what the tag on the valve cover . Never more than 1.5 degrees or overheating will probably happen. We rarely ever messed with the pump .  Good injectors, turbo, valves adjusted correctly, throttle linkage and kill cable adjusted correctly and the pump timing bumped up usually made a big improvement in power. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not really about tuning up but it helped me understand the timing process. Tuning these Macks is kind of a tricky deal, throwing more fuel at it won't do you much good. Mack spent a lot more timing tuning these engines to be used in trucks than anyone else, so anything you modify will likely just throw everything else off balance. Best of luck! 

• Like 1
  • Like 1