I'd rather have no luck.

RowdyRebel

So on our trip out west, there were a couple minor issues that we need to take the trailer back to the dealer so they can be corrected. They scheduled us to drop the trailer off today so they can work on it Thursday.

I get it hooked up, kids loaded up, and take off down there...arrive to see the place all locked up. Usually they're open until 3 on Saturdays, and it wasn't even 11. Sign on the door says they'd be closed through Tuesday for the holiday, reopening on Wednesday. Sorry, but I'm not leaving the trailer there outside their gate from Saturday through Wednesday morning unattended. I'll be off Tuesday. I'll drop it off Tuesday night.

From there, I headed north back into town. Budweiser Clydesdales were supposed to be at the VFW in support of Folds of Honor from 10 until noon. Got there at a quarter til noon and the horses were already loaded up & they were pulling out before I had a chance to even think about getting the kids out. Luckily, I hadn't told the kids what we were going to see there, so they didn't get their hopes up & I didn't have to listen to a couple of disappointed crying kids. Am I wrong to be pissed off that the main attraction split the scene early?

So then I pull out of there and the Suburban is acting up...stalling out like it did last year when the oil pressure switch went bad. Turn the key on & it fills the carb bowls, but as soon as the engine fires, the oil pressure switch tells the computer to kill the fuel pump. Bowls run empty & it dies again. Rinse & repeat. Pulled into Auto Zone & bought another new switch (despite the one that's in there acting up having a lifetime warranty...gotta have it out to swap it free)...then limped it home because it was too damn hot to do the job there in the parking lot with the kids. Got home & let 'er cool down a bit, and headed out to swap the switch out for the new one. Busted the damn lock tab off the plug, so I HOPE it doesn't fall out going down the road. Going to have to see if I can find a replacement plug to swap in. Seems to be working now...fires up & maintains good fuel pressure while running.

Head inside to watch the Cubs game on TV...they're NEVER on TV around here, so when they are I try to catch the game. Rain delay. Wouldn't have lasted olong, anyway, because there was a tornado down around Land Between the Lakes so they broke in with that coverage. Funny thing is, big 'ol storm front moved through here...wind kicked up and everything, and not a drop. We haven't seen rain in a month of Sundays and could really use some...seems everyone around us is getting some, but nothing here.

Oh well. Maybe the weekend will get better. I was going to pick up some fireworks to shoot off with the kids while we were in town today, but between dragging the camper around behind us (not really that big of a deal...I've pulled bigger rigs into/around/through tighter places before) and the Suburban acting stupid (biggest reason I didn't want to drive around town any longer than necessary), we just headed for home. Firework stands will still be there after church tomorrow.

Like they say, if it weren't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all. On days like today, I'd prefer the no luck at all option.

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

Oh my God bud you are the most unluckiest guy I have ever seen. Sorry man especially the Clydesdale deal most of these service  shops around here are closed on Saturday and Sunday. Not sure what’s up with that we needed refrigerator parts today. I was surprised to see you. Appliance store warehouse was open all day Saturday we were able to get her a refrigerator parts. Sorry to hear that bud.

A lot of times around here at least they’re only open same hours as we work gotta be kidding me when  am I supposed to get in here? Clothes tailors, especially they’re all closed Saturday and Sunday. Come on man really

The shop is only open M-F, but the sales people are there on Saturdays and can pull the trailer inside their gates to have it somewhat secured while they're closed.

Where do you live that there's an appliance parts warehouse local to you? I didn't know those sorts of places existed outside of the interwebs.😂 Any time I need a part for anything...washer, dryer, etc...I've got to go online & pay $15 to ship a $2 part that could've fit in a $5 "if it fits, it ships" box with the USPS. Must be nice to just drive across town & pick up what you need...although for most of my vehicles (especially if I have to take the kids), the $15 shipping is less than gas would cost running into town.🤦‍♂️

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

But I didn’t know about this place we have a small appliance sales and service right down the street guy is open Saturday but he didn’t have the part but sent me to this big warehouse around 11 miles Bob

I can't buy anything on Amazon. Can't remember my password. They won't reset it. Can't open a new account unless I get another email address, which I have no interest in doing.

I typically use partselect.com...last time I needed a part (agitator cogs for the washer) they suggested an app... https://www.fix.com/app/how-it-works  It seems be pretty handy. Enter in all of your appliance model #'s and serial #'s and it'll save them & give you access to parts, repair manuals & videos, and I guess it could double as a record of what you've got for insurance purposes. Pretty handy app once you've got everything entered in. Always sucks when the wife calls & says "the washer broke" and I can't do anything until I get home & look up the model number even if I have a pretty good idea what broke based on what she's telling me isn't working right. Anyway, rain quit...kids getting rambunxious. Time to get out of the car.

Funny thing is, though, while it's easy to find pretty much anything you could ever want or need available on Amazon, often times I can find it cheaper elsewhere. Might take a little more effort, but it doesn't put my $$$ into Bozos pocket, either.

2 hours ago, RowdyRebel said:

I can't buy anything on Amazon. Can't remember my password. They won't reset it. Can't open a new account unless I get another email address, which I have no interest in doing.

I typically use partselect.com...last time I needed a part (agitator cogs for the washer) they suggested an app... https://www.fix.com/app/how-it-works  It seems be pretty handy. Enter in all of your appliance model #'s and serial #'s and it'll save them & give you access to parts, repair manuals & videos, and I guess it could double as a record of what you've got for insurance purposes. Pretty handy app once you've got everything entered in. Always sucks when the wife calls & says "the washer broke" and I can't do anything until I get home & look up the model number even if I have a pretty good idea what broke based on what she's telling me isn't working right. Anyway, rain quit...kids getting rambunxious. Time to get out of the car.

I had the same problem with Amazon a few years ago. I even tried calling on the phone and got nowhere. So I just look elsewhere and usually come up with as good or better deal. The other thing is I feel the same way about Bezo/Bozo.

i very rarely use amazoo. 99% of the time i can find whatever i am looking for locally a lot cheaper. 

and if not, i will find it cheaper online with free shipping. 

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

Dunno, it all depends on how you look at things 

I reckon your a lucky fella 

Lucky you can drive

Lucky to have a family to enjoy the ride 

Lucky you can easily get parts

Lucky you made it home without having to fix it on the side of the freeway

Lucky your plug stayed put when you busted the clip off it

Dunno about Amazon, but Im betting your lucky you don't know the password as you can buy things cheaper else where

As I said, it all depends on how we look at things

Paul