1996 Mack DM688S rears

Go to solution Solved by Joey Mack,

Looking to see if anyone can help me identify the rears on this truck I purchased. The truck shop says they are 38’s. The vin number says 44k ?  They also do not have rubber trunion bushings. 
  The entire thing has me perplexed. They say it’s an e7-300, vin says e7-350, they say Mack 9 speed and vin says 13/18speed Mack.  
 I am   I am very confused. 
 Thanks for any help. I have attached the only pics I have. My apologies. Apparently I have reached my limit on photos and can not figure out how to delete some to gain back room. I have only attached 7 photos ever. Not much allowed. 

Edited by Supermutt
Add photo

With out a photo it's gunna be a challenge for me

So maybe the photos are to many pixels, I know this can happen and they wont load up

Try emailing the photo to your self as this reduces the pixulation (is that even a word) a fair bit, they are still clear enough for a phone or computer though

Paul

• Like 1

the 688S should be a 350 engine..   I bet 44K suspension,,,  if the shift knob has a red splitter on the left side,  its a 13 spd,,,  gray button, 18 spd.. 

• Like 1

Thanks, how did you figure it should be a 350 for that model ? Just curious, always need to learn even @ 59 lol. It’s funny you mention the shifter. I blew up an interior pic and saw gray on the left side and black facing forward. So I knew it wasn’t a T2090. It has 4.17 ratio. 38’s on a DM did not make sense with a 16,500 steer. But I guess ya never know. Good thing is it’s 100% mechanical 😁.  

688's were 350's...   690's were 300's..   so how about some pictures??  I bet there is 20+ of us that want to see 'em...   I know Bob does !!

• Like 1

I have tried everything i can think of to clear my attachments so I could post some pics. When i go to manage attachments i can not find any way to delete them ? i have been taken to task 

• Solution

You wont find it...  I tried and wrote a post about it..   Just go and donate $25.00 to BMT, and it will be fixed..   Small price to pay, for all that they provide for us here..  Use Pay-pal..  jojo