Cab interior Q

On 7/1/2023 at 5:52 PM, Straydog954 said:

That is exactly what it looks like. So this is the old style dash. Can the new style dash be swapped in by just unbolting it ?

Steel dash is welded into the cab structure so you would need a grinder to make that swap. Probably possible if you add a few steel mounting brackets plastic dash is supported with. But on my mind (and many other's on this forum) steel dash is more exotic and rare. So seems more interesting to keep it the way it is.

Speaking the cab lengthes early (pre-73-?) cabs were shorter than later ones by 3 inches. Both DM and R. That more relates to the driver place though since DM cab has a kind of a dog house at the right to accomodate the rear portion of the engne. So a co-driver anyway has less leg room in a DM (off-set cab) than in R or RB/RD etc. 

• Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

25 minutes ago, Vladislav said:

Steel dash is welded into the cab structure so you would need a grinder to make that swap. Probably possible if you add a few steel mounting brackets plastic dash is supported with. But on my mind (and many other's on this forum) steel dash is more exotic and rare. So seems more interesting to keep it the way it is.

Speaking the cab lengthes early (pre-73-?) cabs were shorter than later ones by 3 inches. Both DM and R. That more relates to the driver place though since DM cab has a kind of a dog house at the right to accomodate the rear portion of the engne. So a co-driver anyway has less leg room in a DM (off-set cab) than in R or RB/RD etc. 

I guess that would be a tight cab for me. I barely have enough leg room in my RD

i ran DM for many years at 6 foot and 280 lbs. never had problem with the cab being too small. 

only thing i had to make sure of was the seat was ALL the way back. 

• Like 1

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

2 hours ago, tjc transport said:

i ran DM for many years at 6 foot and 280 lbs. never had problem with the cab being too small. 

only thing i had to make sure of was the seat was ALL the way back. 

I don’t know how you guys fit in the 66th through 72 I am only 57 and I have the seat all the way back