2012 MP8 Cycling Regen

That outlet temp looks suspicious to me. Usually, not always, but usually when I see that the outlet temp is that much higher than the inlet I find the filter is clogged. Especially if it ran for awhile with the gunked up doser. 

So, the soot level will reset for you manually? 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, steeler said:

That outlet temp looks suspicious to me. Usually, not always, but usually when I see that the outlet temp is that much higher than the inlet I find the filter is clogged. Especially if it ran for awhile with the gunked up doser. 

So, the soot level will reset for you manually? 

Agreed, I think you should consider taking a look at the filter. I think you will find it face plugged. 

Edited by Onyx610
Spelling
  • Like 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Goddy454 said:

I will drop the filters and check them out anyhow but wouldn"t the truck lack power from the excessive back pressure if that was the case? And yes I have had no problem resetting the soot ratio.

I've had them almost completely face plugged and run fine power wise, just won't regen properly. Sometimes when that happens, you do a regen and the outlet temp skyrockets quickly from the excess soot basically "catching fire". 

You may not actually see anything at all, but the filter could still be clogged. I'd either have it and the doc checked, or replaced. 

• Like 1
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Goddy454 said:

OK thats what I will do, and when they are down I will keep you posted. Thanks

I think that’s the best next step to take. Hopefully you find a lot of soot.

2 hours ago, Onyx610 said:

I think that’s the best next step to take. Hopefully you find a lot of soot.

There was an issue with the insulation coming loose in that accordion tube as well best look at that DPF as stated these guys got you covered! If you find fluff on top change out that tube as well!

• Like 1