Wouldn't trade my Ol'school Trucker life for nut'n

The Rubber Duck 006

20230223_121718.thumb.jpg.dfcb792ac3207b89690d12b5e41b1dbb.jpg20230225_123735.thumb.jpg.988c5c52e52261091443525f4cc887c4.jpg20230227_093438.thumb.jpg.d771a56019c68c5423d2ac3384021d00.jpg20230228_175400.thumb.jpg.2c72b58ecb053e0c35668cd3194ce7e1.jpg

March 3rd I celebrated 17yrs of driving out here on the road. I wasn't even graduated from High school and I had my first driving job driving a CDL needed box truck delivering building materials. From there I went to driving garbage trucks for about 3yrs. Then decided I wanted to go to college for Diesel mechanics at one of the top Diesel Schools in the US which is The University of Northwestern Ohio. Or UNOH for short lol. After one session I wanted to drive more than work on them so I dropped out. And went into Foodservice delivery and that got me the chance to drive my first Tractor trailer a 1997 Mack CH613 Sleeper tractor pulling a pup trailer hauling frozen pizza and meat. It was a gold bulldog truck.Then I went into logging and that's where my over the road journey began and as they say The rest is history. Wouldn't trade one single day of it except maybe a couple truck accidents along the way. Everytime I go out for the Company I drive for now I add another state driven in to my resume. Still love it like it's my first run. 

20230302_120858.jpg

• Like 2

That sure is a clean looking truck..  when I saw the video, I was hoping to see you drop it down a gear and scoot by that truck..  anyway, nice truck...  Jojo

Yes, that’s more like it bud. I know you’ve got something that got our attention. Ha ha truck is gorgeous. I’m glad you’re still enjoying it. I’ve been out there 48 years and sick to death of it … thanks for sharing…. Bob

56 minutes ago, Joey Mack said:

That sure is a clean looking truck..  when I saw the video, I was hoping to see you drop it down a gear and scoot by that truck..  anyway, nice truck...  Jojo

In the original 40sec video I you could hear me punch 13 then I moved out and around him and blew his doors off lol

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mowerman said:

Yes, that’s more like it bud. I know you’ve got something that got our attention. Ha ha truck is gorgeous. I’m glad you’re still enjoying it. I’ve been out there 48 years and sick to death of it … thanks for sharing…. Bob

Three more years and I will have 2million miles in I figure. I put 1 million on in 9 and a 1/2.

20230220_010027.thumb.jpg.a14c6424d4dd9013859dd453445ca74d.jpg20230220_010051.thumb.jpg.07e878861b39731fe706b9eb67ee1e52.jpgI guess i never figured sitting behind the wheel of that Ford L8000 single axle pulling a lowboy with my Highschool instructor in the passenger seat heading to take my test that I'd go this far in my trucking career lol. Goes to show what a dream and determination can do.20230130_110732.thumb.jpg.a17ab5c269cc114c33621748cf461258.jpg

about 5 years ago i tried figuring out how many miles i logged and and gave up 3.5 million just on trucks i have drove. that was not counting car miles either. probably have close to half a million on cars too. 

i started driving at 13 with a 49 International L190 single axle tractor on the farm pulling hay from fields to the barn. by 14 i was delivering grain to the co-op 25 miles away with the same truck and a dump trailer.

i have been pushing trucks down the road for 53 years now.  

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

34 minutes ago, mowerman said:

geeeeeeeeesus!!!!!!!!!!!!and you dont plan on leaving......after 48 im done mentally ....no interest at all except huge paychecks...bob

i only run local the past 13 years Bob.  under 200 miles in a 10 hour day. 

most of the time under 100 miles, and sometimes as little as 50 miles.

30 minutes ago, Joey Mack said:

Your telling your age, TJC...  Some of us can add.. :)

blah blah blah. so i am knocking on 67's door.

the kids still tell me i am older than dinosaur poop. 

1 hour ago, The Rubber Duck 006 said:

I'm addicted enuff that I won't retire from driving till they tell me I can't do it no more.

i tell the boss i will not retire until the day after i die. 

and he is fine with that, he needs someone he can trust.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mrsmackpaul said:

Lots of different loads going on there, looks like you have a job were everyday is different 

Sounds like your getting paid for living your dream 

Paul 

Oh yeah took the John Deere tractor out to North Dakota, The two trucks went to Florida, The Van picture was Picking up what is called Garnet a type of abrasive for cleaning metal picked that up in West Virginia,The backhoe I picked up in Florida went to Euphala,Alabama. Next weekend ive got a load of Hay in a Dry Van going to Florida. I'm one of the only drivers my company has that will go Over the Road and stay out. 

1 hour ago, mowerman said:

Back in the 80s are used to run around the clock on paper you could do about what you wanted. Keep on rolling three packs of cigarettes a day gallon of coffee ha ha

I can still run hard and make great money even with the ELDs. In these days So called drivers can't keep the Driver's door closed and stop all the time or poke along and then complain when they can't git a load delivered hahahaha. 

• Like 1