connecticut DMM 600

Go to solution Solved by blackdog2,

On 12/1/2022 at 2:43 PM, doubleclutchinweasel said:

I had a picture of a steel-nosed DM-600 somewhere, but I can't find it now.

I had one with a steel nose for sale a while back along with a DM800. Had them both sold multiple times and the deal always fell through. Luckily the DM600 finally got saved by a collector willing to restore it. The DM800 sadly fell victim to the torch. Its probably Chinese made brake rotors by now.. 😪

• Sad 1

Hey Jeff M...  Any chance Maietta construction has any more of their late 70's DM's??   I drove  them from  1999-2000..  and Shaw Bros,  had a bunch of RD's.. and there was a concrete co.  in Westbrook, that had blue/green colored DM's..  I forgot their name...  Les,,,  something..   anyway...  I always wonder about the old trucks I used to drive, and re-build,  when I lived there and worked at Maine Mack, from 2000-late 2005.. Jojo

Jojo,  Maietta doesn't run any more DM's that I'm aware of--jumped ship to PACCAR.   Blue Rock in Westbrook ran a bunch of DM's through the years, but they've downsized to a granite countertop business.  Their big quarry on Main St on the Portland Westbrook line is now a shopping complex, believe it or not.   The aqua-colored trucks belonged to Les Wilson and Sons of Westbrook who are still in business and they still paint everything they have that distinctive color (it must cost them a fortune over the years).  Shaw Brothers has very few Macks, perhaps a few Granites now...they're now running KW's, and they have a LOT of them.  They're one of the biggest contractors in the state.  PACCAR has made HUGE inroads into the vocational truck market in these parts.  In the 70's I first drove for Portland Sand and Gravel who had their trucks serviced at Maine Mack, which is now O'Connor Motors.  I later drove for Shaw's Supermarkets who bought and occasionally had their Volvos serviced out of O'Connor's on Warren Ave.  

Wow a lot has changed.. I worked on a lot of Tony's trucks at P, S&G...  He had some DM pit trucks that were tough..  I was at Maine Mack when Dick O'Connor bought it.. gave them 3 years of my time before I moved to N.C.  and, are you telling me they filled in the Mile deep pit, and put in a shopping center??  Wasn't that Blue Rock?  I forget.  I've been away 17 years..  I remember Les Wilson,. I used to build tranny's and rears for them to put on  the shelf..  I learned a lot back then,..  Thank you for responding.. It's nice to chat with someone from So. Maine...  Jojo