Mack aset 427

Jlam

650 is pretty good,,  right ? Dirty milkman.... I dont like 625...   I even bumped a couple E-7's too 700 just to smooth them out,  and oil pressure was a few pound's better...   jojo

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Joey Mack said:

650 is pretty good,,  right ? Dirty milkman.... I dont like 625...   I even bumped a couple E-7's too 700 just to smooth them out,  and oil pressure was a few pound's better...   jojo

You would be correct Joey. Most of these were set to 650rpm from factory.

• Like 1

On 9/9/2022 at 5:51 AM, Vmac3 said:

First make sure the parking brakes are applied and the engine is idling at temperature. Cycle the cruise control On/Off switch 3 times, the engine rpm should go down to 550 rpm. With the Set/Resume switch (its a spring loaded switch), toggle the resume to increase the engine rpm. Once you have set it to the engine rpm you want, press the clutch in. It should stay at your desired rpm. If its an automated transmission, then you would need Tech Tool to set the rpm.

Hope this helps.

V

Yeah mine probably needs a program I tried it & it didn’t work 

Did you check the turbo for movement of the turbine?  Also, look at top right corner of the CAC..front side. See if there is oil or residue at the weld where the viens attach to the side tanks..  a pressure tester is a key tool for this..  a few guys here made thier own..  jojo

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Jlam said:

Not metal to metal but for sure a squeal that I can’t figure out where it’s coming from, for sure passenger side 

Good chance you have a boost leak. Run the engine and spray soapy water at all connections. Quick and easy since you don’t have a pressure tester tool or one made up yet. 

does the squeal ring out as a steady squeal,  or is it more of a ,,,  Chirp,, chirp,,,  chirp? and speed up with RPM's?  if you dont have a stethoscope,  you can use a 2 foot longish peice of 3/8" hyd. brake tubing, to listen to the engine and its parts,  ie: alt./ air comp.   I have couple thoughts, but will wait for you to reply with new info... Jojo

Is it draining from the drain tray onto the ground? Or onto the floor? How about a pressure test of a full system and look for engine leaks. Park on a clean spot or through a sheet of cardboard under it if you need too..  Hell, there should be obvious signs of a leak, at that rate.disregard the heater core idea for now..

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Joey Mack said:

Is it draining from the drain tray onto the ground? Or onto the floor? How about a pressure test of a full system and look for engine leaks. Park on a clean spot or through a sheet of cardboard under it if you need too..  Hell, there should be obvious signs of a leak, at that rate.disregard the heater core idea for now..

I can’t find a leak anywhere, even parking on clean area. But gonna pressure test this weekend cause it’s way too weird lol