LTL 9000, Still in use

Red Horse

9 hours ago, Red Horse said:

I think I posted a shot of this before.  Friend of mine at time owned 3 JD locations and this was oone of two tandem tractors he had to make deliveries, move inventory.  Had belonged to a farm account that bought it new to haul silage.  Minimal mileage.  In any case, he sold his business to one of the gorillas with many locations-big fish swallow small fish-sad state of affairs.  

He kept this thou and he continues to stay busy moving equjipment as well as hauling his "pulling" Deeres.  He told me the other day-wherever he goes he gets stopped by guys who say.."if you ever want to sell call me!"  In particular in Maine- in  old days there were two Heavy Duty Ford dealers who did very well.  Lot of old timers still loyal to the brand-Bryan's LTL 9000.pdfBryan's LTL 9000.pdf

what's this "in the old days" LOL 😁. you referring to interstate/bridgehaven Ford ?  . the old days was henry ford ; actually before my time . I like ""years ago " there were two ford  dealers  😂😄

1 hour ago, mechohaulic said:

what's this "in the old days" LOL 😁. you referring to interstate/bridgehaven Ford ?  . the old days was henry ford ; actually before my time . I like ""years ago " there were two ford  dealers  😂😄

Hah! I guess your right.  In this case "Old Days" refers to 1998 when Jackass Jaq Nassar gave the heavy truck business away..time flies 24 years ago.  And my company bought some trucks from Bridgehaven-now Gabrielli.  Interstate never did as well as Bridgehaven IMO

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

a friend still runs 4 every day. the newest one has over 2 million miles on it. 

and looks like it just rolled off the showroom floor. 

when they got done for the day, they are disconnected from the dry bulk tank trailer, and washed before parked inside the garage. 

every saturday they are greased, every other saturday two trucks are inspected top to bottom and repaired as needed.

• Like 1

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..