2002 mack e-7 350.

TJ mack

Give us more info! Model  of the truck and trans! Any fault light on?  Changed fuel  and air filters lately? Don't mean to be ignorant but you need to provide info to get info! 

Edited by fjh
  • Like 1

Ive ran the truck over 250hrs like this.  Ive changed fuel filters and I run the same fuel in everything I have.  I have changed the air filter also.  I looked all over for air leaks. Checked boots and clamps.  No engine light on.  It’s a dm 688 and it has an 8 ll.  It’s all top end.  I’m thinking about installing a boost garage next to see what’s up with that. 

are you hearing a boost leak, excessive black smoke??  The combo you have should be a damn good truck. I assume a triaxle dump truck..  what do you haul? I also guess its an E-Tech..  '99 or newer?  jojo

• Like 1

Thats what I thought..  How long have you owned this truck, and what other trucks have you driven, that you are comparing this one too?? This truck should pull very well, but it aint no racecar...   are you downshifting more than normal??  jojo

I’ve driven lots of regular Mack 300 and this truck on a hill will be just dead. Sometimes you can feel the power kick in and sometimes you don’t. It has no power band at all.  I’ve had the truck almost a year.  It’s been this way since i had it.

No codes for them.  Every now and then I will get one for the eup impulse.  They will go off and if I clear them don’t come back for sometimes days.  I Don’t know anything about them.  Figured I would get a miss when bad.  There not all the same cylinder also.  Could it be them I need to change? Some have been changed for a miss fire.  There not all the same year or time on them. On scan tool it shows throttle going to 100% so I didn’t think that was it. 

dont jump into replacing EUP's..   remove the chrome heat shields, and see if the EUP wires are chaffed, and rubbing against the engine block..  the insulation does wear, and break off or rub off..  if the wires are exposed, you can use a brush-on wiring protector to cover the worn wire insulation.  did you check the condition of the wires at the flywheel sensor?  RPM/TDC sensor..  it is also very common that the wires on the engine side of the harness to be weak and even attached by only a few strands of wire.  I have also found the pin in the plugs to be broken and barely touching..  since yours is a dump truck, there is a lot of sh!t coming off the left steer tire, and getting on to this wire harness..  Keep in touch......   jojo

• Like 1

😍

15 minutes ago, Joey Mack said:

dont jump into replacing EUP's..   remove the chrome heat shields, and see if the EUP wires are chaffed, and rubbing against the engine block..  the insulation does wear, and break off or rub off..  if the wires are exposed, you can use a brush-on wiring protector to cover the worn wire insulation.  did you check the condition of the wires at the flywheel sensor?  RPM/TDC sensor..  it is also very common that the wires on the engine side of the harness to be weak and even attached by only a few strands of wire.  I have also found the pin in the plugs to be broken and barely touching..  since yours is a dump truck, there is a lot of sh!t coming off the left steer tire, and getting on to this wire harness..  Keep in touch......   jojo

Yup Also check Fuel pressure If you can  !  R.E.D Great Minds!  😄

Tank Vent as well ! do All the cheap and easy stuff first changing EUPs is a last thing! Boost sensor Ambient air sensor if it has one!

All cheap and easy stuff among all the stuff Joe  has suggested! Another thought check the Engine ECU Plug wires for coolant push! Unclip them and look inside!

Edited by fjh
  • Like 1

OK... so I read this thread from the beginning..  Here I go...  Do you have a Jacobs 690 engine brake or Powerleash?  Next,  Do you know how to run the valve's PROPERLY!  on this engine?  Including setting bridge lash?  I'm talking 'By the book'..   not the 'Cat' way..  for example...   jojo  

• Like 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Joey Mack said:

OK... so I read this thread from the beginning..  Here I go...  Do you have a Jacobs 690 engine brake or Powerleash?  Next,  Do you know how to run the valve's PROPERLY!  on this engine?  Including setting bridge lash?  I'm talking 'By the book'..   not the 'Cat' way..  for example...   jojo  

I'm leaning to a fuel or programing  issue how ever the above should defiantly be checked! What computer type stuff if any do you have access to read codes and look at parameters are you able to get too! (Interested in switch status for torque limit and min max governor settings!) EUP The code is maxed out  May help to change it However ! you should  install the Cal code if you change it and for that you need a computer if you have the computer hooked up you may just as well look at perimeters! 

Just sayin!

Edited by fjh
  • Like 1

Yes Sir!!! 'F'...   I leaned towards checking valve lash, just from a maintenance stand point.  It's free to do, just some labor, and it is also a form of a 'health check'...  Of course, he probably has ceramic lifters, so a PROPER valve adjustment is crucial.. 🤔   jojo

• Like 1