pump timing

Glenn as you know  it will defiantly run fine at at 18 ! Why are you checking it? Are you having issues? I don't have my manual either so I can be precise !

I how ever noticed that over the years the timing changed as the years past for emission reasons I believe ! I seen em set anywhere from 17 -22 !Depending on  pumps ambac or robby !  

Glenn, I flipped through my E-6 4 valve book 3 times, and cant find the chart that has the settings. I know this isnt a guessing game,  I just did 2 this year with Ambach pumps and one was (18 degrees) and the other was (19 degrees)..  The last couple E-7's I did were Robert Bosch and they were (5 degrees)..  I will keep looking..  all I have are E-7 tune up books...   good luck, jojo 

OK, the closest I got was in my '94 E-7 book, the 350 with Robert Bosch is set to 9.5 degree's..  I guess I wont be of any help here..  Sorry Glenn...  Jojo

5 minutes ago, JoeH said:

From the Google web. Ad said 1989, looks like engine are says 1985? Not sure which pump it has, but someone more familiar can figure it out.  Says 20 degrees. E6, 350

Screenshot_20220604-110204.png

Screenshot_20220604-110347.png

Joe the timing changes by year and model I think ? Its mostly emissions related I think ! I noticed over the years  as time went on the timing went up on degree a year for the same HP engine up to 22 Just seemed like it anyway!?

Thank's "F"..  I didnt do enough pump work, before I was spoon fed the E-Tech.. I always refer to my books, if I have the right book.   (Joe H,,, thats an Ambach pump..)   jojo

• Like 1