2018 MACK LR613 MP7 Injection pump Fuel metering Control "F" Range Performance code/Derate

We have a 2018 MACK LR613 MP7 with code P2A1F Injection Pump Fuel Metering Control "f" Range Performance. it sets at random times during route. when the code sets the engine is de-rated until we clear the code. the truck went to the dealer twice for this problem. 1st time they replaced injectors and the injector harness. the did the fuel pressure regulator delete upgrade. came back, first day it acted up again. went back to the dealer. they said all they did was check the wiring and injectors. came back and ran 3 weeks with no issue. now the code is setting everyday same problem. Any thoughts? 

isnt there a fuel pressure regulator on the outlet at the front of the head, like an MP-8?.. what is a regulator delete upgrade?   I dont like the word ''Delete'..     jojo

i was just curious...  when ever I read these type of posts, and the word "delete" is in the post,  I cringe..  I will just keep reading and hope to learn something..  jojo

Mack figured out they didn’t need the electronic fuel pressure regulator vale  EPRV so they came out with a delete kit and software for the failure prone valve . This was only on the common rail engines. I believe some new dealer only tools just came out to check for spun lobes on the cam shaft 

The common rail engines camshaft is just a hollow tube with lobes heated  up and dropped on the tube . And they did away with the vibration damper on the back of the camshaft. Make it a lot lighter to change. All of our common rail trucks have been great , all of ours have had the EPRV delete , fuel rail pressure sensor/harness upgrade done and that helped a lot. We also switched to the M-drive trans and that cut our maintenance issues by 30%. No more clutch adjustments, synchro replacements , PTO to trans leaks stopped. 

9 hours ago, Mackpro said:

The common rail engines camshaft is just a hollow tube with lobes heated  up and dropped on the tube . And they did away with the vibration damper on the back of the camshaft. Make it a lot lighter to change. All of our common rail trucks have been great , all of ours have had the EPRV delete , fuel rail pressure sensor/harness upgrade done and that helped a lot. We also switched to the M-drive trans and that cut our maintenance issues by 30%. No more clutch adjustments, synchro replacements , PTO to trans leaks stopped. 

So Your sounding like a Volvo salesman Pro??? What's up with that? 🙃You working on a position higher up in the food chain? 

All they got to do now is get some decent wire to put in these trucks and they would be perfect! You commented on the trans and clutch adjustments ! in my opinion if they programmed that trans to start out in a lower gear there would be even less issues with clutches! Owell  I'm still a doubting Thomas!😅

55 minutes ago, fjh said:

So Your sounding like a Volvo salesman Pro??? What's up with that? 🙃You working on a position higher up in the food chain? 

All they got to do now is get some decent wire to put in these trucks and they would be perfect! You commented on the trans and clutch adjustments ! in my opinion if they programmed that trans to start out in a lower gear there would be even less issues with clutches! Owell  I'm still a doubting Thomas!😅

Lol, If I had my own personal truck, I would not have any auto transmission/M-drive. However being in fleet maintenance and not having to deal with the issues of the Mack T310 we we’re having, we can focus more on regular services, brakes and tires. I really miss shifting the Fuller super 10 transmissions. 

20 hours ago, Wasteman1 said:

We have a 2018 MACK LR613 MP7 with code P2A1F Injection Pump Fuel Metering Control "f" Range Performance. it sets at random times during route. when the code sets the engine is de-rated until we clear the code. the truck went to the dealer twice for this problem. 1st time they replaced injectors and the injector harness. the did the fuel pressure regulator delete upgrade. came back, first day it acted up again. went back to the dealer. they said all they did was check the wiring and injectors. came back and ran 3 weeks with no issue. now the code is setting everyday same problem. Any thoughts? 

Mack has a couple of bulletins on this code. The newest version of Tech Tool has the new troubleshooting procedures. Mainly looks like slopped cam lobes. 

10 hours ago, Mackpro said:

what a way to make a camshaft!!   terry:MackLogo:

On 5/17/2022 at 7:40 AM, terry said:

what a way to make a camshaft!!   terry:MackLogo:

Yup Ain't It the truth ! Another Great Volvo IDEA! What Dreams Are made of! If It ain't broke fix it anyway!

Edited by fjh
  • Haha 1