Six speed clutch replacement.

I’m a little confused fellas. Been a long time since I done a clutch in a six speed. The truck is an RS686. I’m looking at this release fork and the way the cable works it seems completely backwards. If I push this back together with the fork on the transmission side of the throwout bearing then when I push the pedal it will actually pull the fork away from the bearing. So how would it engage it? First picture showing the fork. The paperwork is reading like the fork goes between the throwout bearing and the clutch pack, but if that’s the case then the fork would pull the bearing towards the transmission, how would that ever work?   Second picture showing the bearing and my finger is pointing to a pad that the paperwork says to put the fork on. 

8E7BFFA2-0338-4650-9180-529E8A27A26F.jpeg

05AA82F8-2A10-4658-935C-2F0FF2C49D6F.jpeg

Clutch yoke fingers go behind the release bearing wear pads. It’s a pull not a push type release. My question to you is why is that release bearing sooo far away from the pressure plate?

Edited by Onyx610
Spelling
  • Like 1

its also a dog dish flywheel and not a flat faced flywheel.  so the pressure plate is a different style.  and yes,,, it is a pull type pressure plate, not a push type... jojo

6 hours ago, eshack93 said:

That’s the specified distance according to the paperwork. 1/2-5/8”. Preciate the reply! I’ve done 10 tractor clutches since the last big truck. My brain was a little fuzzy on it. 

That’s correct, just looked like alot more from the picture. Good luck!

10 hours ago, eshack93 said:

That’s the specified distance according to the paperwork. 1/2-5/8”. Preciate the reply! I’ve done 10 tractor clutches since the last big truck. My brain was a little fuzzy on it. 

If you haven't already done so remove the cutch lever and free up the adjustment for the clutch brake adjustment! easy to do while the trans is out! sometimes not so easy with the trans in! 

Just sayin!

Edited by fjh
  • Like 2

On 4/21/2022 at 4:58 AM, Onyx610 said:

Grease that clutch brake and make sure to setup the clutch correctly! 

Should friction surface of a clutch brake be greased??

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Very interesting, thanks for clarification guys.

We know some applications where friction materials work in oil such as motorbike clutches or clutches in hydromechanical automatic transmissions. This way it seems quite possible to do the same for a small part in a big truck :)

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012