Traction light. Engine shut down

Seems this truck doesn’t like the changing of the seasons.  After our fight with oil pressure blink codes last fall it ran all winter with no issues.  
Today’s problem is while driving the traction light eliminates almost immediately you get a electrical malfunction light and it shuts down.  Just that fast it comes back leaves no time to check a blink code.   Will it store faults for a dealer to check with out it being on currently?   

It should, there's Active and Inactive fault codes.  Active trip the light, inactive are stored faults that were an issue but are not currently.  Or at least that's my understanding on the ETECH motors.  No idea what year/model you're dealing with though.

the codes are stored, "in-active"  traction control should start with MID 136...  'ABS system'  im curious why it is shutting down? what other symptoms do you have prior to it shutting down? jojo

Nothing.   I m going to watch this morning yesterday it would shut down going down the road the malfunction light would come on and before you could do anything about it everything was back.  When I pulled in the drive I see the traction light was on.  

I think it will shut it off.. did you try to flash the ABS codes?  the switch is under the dash, next to the steering column.  it is an orange lighted switch..  

Traction light comes on and get a 1-1 blink on the abs light.     Wish I hadn’t have done that now I have abs and trac light and can’t get them off.     
Delivered load and put the fuses back in the abs ran home 25 mi with only seeing the traction light just a instant then out an no problem.   

Edited by Bluebulldog

The 1-1 is the abs light after pushing the abs switch left of the steering wheel.   
had it hooked to laptop there are no active or inactive codes in it so going to run it till it quits.  Can’t fix something that isn’t broke at the moment 🤷

Edited by Bluebulldog

yep, power reset without the key... its like leaving the key on, and unhooking the batteries while everything is powered up..  it will throw 9-2 code..  look at fuse 40 or 41 in the fuse box under the hood..  that is the eecu fuse..  jojo