I wish Mack had stumbled onto the idea of the galvanized cabs sooner.  Imagine how may more "steel dash" cabs we might have to work with if they had been galvanized.

I see quite a few of the later cabs, still with no rust on them.

Oh, well...

• Like 2

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

Galv cabs would have been especially great for F models here in OZ. In the late 60s early 70s I worked for a large company who predominantly had F modes plus a handful of flintstones,  Try finding an F model to restore now —- it’s impossible, I missed the boat.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Good F and FR models are out there sitting in yards in around Australia but people are generally to tight to spend the coin for what ever reason, Im guessing they aren't as desirable as a R model maybe dunno 

But no one wants to spend the coin to buy one and then chuck another 30 or 40 grand at it to make it into a good truck

Paul

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I guess he’s holding till the price goes up Harry as is presently happening with the R and Valueliner. I would like to restore an F model next once I have completed the Superliner . . . . . . that’s if the Superliner doesn’t run me out of money, fortunately I purchased it with a rebuilt engine. 

• Like 1