Compression test with Tech Tool

Dan107

43 minutes ago, Onyx610 said:

I strongly believe we can figure this out, do you have the tools to do those tests? They cost a good bit of money….I hope some of the “big dogs” as I like to call them that i mentioned earlier will chime In soon. 

I have access to an automotive leak down tester.  Not sure if it is compatible with this engine though.   Do you think one of those type will work?  

1 hour ago, Dan107 said:

Some may not like this, but I found a "heavy duty" diesel compression tester at the Harbor with a Volvo adapter.  I'm going this morning to pick it up.  For someone like me, this may do the trick.  Don't hate!

Hey for one time use (hopefully) I don’t blame you. Plus you can get it today!

1 hour ago, fjh said:

By chance did you check the EGR cooler on this bro? Just another straw to grasp!

No EGR cooler on this one...it's deleted and a I fabricated a crossover tube to take care of the coolant flow.  It's a deleted engine, has been for the last 4 years.  

Now Im a little more worried for you that it’s deleted….A good amount of deleted trucks have eventually gone through some kind of major failure. Usually in the head. Not all just a fair amount, hopefully not the case for you. 

Edited by Onyx610

5 minutes ago, Onyx610 said:

Now Im a little more worried for you that it’s deleted….A good amount of deleted trucks have eventually gone through some kind of major failure. Usually in the head. Not all just a fair amount, hopefully not the case for you. 

I was aware of this before the delete.  When looking into it, I found if it wasn't done properly, there was a heat problem and sometimes head/valve failure.  "Supposedly" the provider for mine said it wasn't the case with their software.  As I said, I have been running strong with this truck for years after the delete.  While it is possible, the way I have mine set up, I don't think there is a heat issue related to the delete.  But, one never knows.  

• Like 1