Engine shutdown

MackE7760

This morning, checked oil and coolant, both good, cranked right up, 10-15 seconds later, shutdown. Double checked, all good, started again, 2-3 seconds later, 60+ oil pressure, ice cold temp, shuts down. Restarted and kills again (red shutdown light), even with override. 
Does shutdown system use a different o/p sending unit than gauge? 
Any ideas? Ran great yesterday 11 hrs

where is this unit located ; are you in sub=zero new england and truck parked outside ?  frozen fuel lines? can't help much with the VMAC stuff. i go back to simple kysor  shut=down days. if it started right up  don't thing its in sub weather. 

1 hour ago, Vmac3 said:

Try unplugging the coolant level sensor, and see if the truck stays running.

Wouldn't this be equal to having low coolant? I mean if your trying to diagnose a bad coolant level sensor you need to have voltage or continuity across the plug. Unplugging it is the same as having low coolant level? I think you would want to unplug it and jump the harness plug with a paper clip or other conductive wire. If it starts and runs with the harness plug jumped then you could say the level sensor is malfunctioning. I could be wrong but that is how it works on my non electronic E7 where all the sensors do is give you an alarm and warning light in the cab. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 67RModel said:

Wouldn't this be equal to having low coolant? I mean if your trying to diagnose a bad coolant level sensor you need to have voltage or continuity across the plug. Unplugging it is the same as having low coolant level? I think you would want to unplug it and jump the harness plug with a paper clip or other conductive wire. If it starts and runs with the harness plug jumped then you could say the level sensor is malfunctioning. I could be wrong but that is how it works on my non electronic E7 where all the sensors do is give you an alarm and warning light in the cab. 

Sorry about that, I was thinking about the mp powered vehicles where it would log a circuit fault.

• Like 1