Kubota R-400 Wheel Loader

Draggin Wagon

I am in a pinch. My handy dandy Kubota R-400 loader has a bad ring gear in back rear end. Part number for ring gear 68811-2421-0 and Kubota does not show any in America - discontinued part. My next choice is finding a used one BUT it seems these machines are about as hard to find as an honest politician!

Hope my picture is attached. If anybody knows where there is one sitting, please holler!!

My gear has 3 teeth that have "flaked" out on drive side across the whole length. If I can't locate a used one, then the next choice is to TIG weld these bad places. That opens up a whole new thread of conversation for the next post. 

Thanks in advance 

Kubota loader.jpg

I found this some time ago but have not had to use their services yet, they say they specialize in reproducing gears of all kinds from reverse engineering and from drawings may be worth a call to see if it is cost effective                                                                 

Circle Gear and Machine, Inc. 1501 so. 55th ct. Cicero, IL 60804-1842 Phone: 231-590-0210 email: circlegear@usa.com

Thanks Hayseed! I put in a request, we'll see how it turns out.

Thanks D-Day! I'll give them a call Monday.

I'm going to post picture of damage. I haven't ruled out welding up the 3 teeth with either stick or TIG. Not sure yet what filler rod to use. I'm open to any and all suggestions. This old loader gets "kid glove" treatment. Just wish I had pulled rear out when I first thought there was a problem.  

Ring Gear Kubota.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

I had a similar problem with my Kubota and ended up finding what I needed through local dealers and farm equipment auctions. Maybe you could try that too? 

For the gear issue, maybe a shop that fixes machinery could help, or they might make the part you need. If you're thinking about welding, that's a big job and needs a lot of care. 

I bought my Kubota from Wickham Tractor Co. They know a lot about parts and how to fix things. Maybe they can help you find the part or suggest what to do next. Here’s their website: https://www.wickhamtractor.com/.

Edited by Chanzoid

At least you had a good portion of the root of the tooth to work with. What did the pinion look like? Most times I have seen damage like that the pinion took the worse of it.

• Like 1

well theres my wonder wagon,,,,bought it like 15 years ago,,and got all the parts to fix it,,,like everything else around here get stuff and it sits for fifty years,before i do anything with them.lol....just ordered 4 new tires so i can atleast move it into the shop ...been sitting so long all 4 are dry rotted from going flat and sitting in the dirt......sometimes when i decide alright this thing is been sitting way too long now,time to do something with it,,,,thanks for the inspiration...bob