Our Babies.. (Pup's)

Joey Mack

for some reason, this post got deleted, after a short time, several of you posted likes on it, so to all of you, thank you.  I hope it stay's this time.. jojo

Here is our other Australian Sheppard 'Tino' (Valentino). He will be 2 on Jan. 1st...  He is full of energy and extremely athletic..  He's amazing! All he want's to do is run and play with the other 2 pup's...  jojo

• Like 1

thanks... great pup's!!!!    my first shop, of course it's too small now..  I put a 20' carport up to the front 2 months ago, now its 45' long...  next step is a concrete pad outside.  jojo

Hahaha little guy! He’s pry the boss of the other two. that’s a real nice spot you got and tool boxes. I’d like to get some people posting there work spaces and tool boxes in the thread I started too. I’ll have to post some of my work tomorrow. 

The green one is a John Deere 3179DF.. It's the second one ive built this year, and I have 2 more to do..  Under the cover in the very back is an E-6, 2-valve, (ENDT 673) for a B model.. around 1960. both engines are owned by the same people. Funny thing about them.... this is more for youre shop talk thread,  but anyway..  I work for myself, and I worked for them at thier company part time, then I went full time for health insurance.  So one friday I went home 2 hrs early because I was in a lot of pain, (buldging disc's)..  anyway, no one was there but me and I was done with all of my work.. went back on Monday, and the Son, ripped me a new A-Hole, cursed me me out and told me to get the "F" out!!!   when I came back to get my tool box,  he asked me if I would still be willing to build thier engines at my shop..  I sad, yes...  that was on Nov. 1st. I'm still scratching my head...  They also have 2 E-7's and an E-Tech that they want me to build...   :) jojo

• Like 1

Awesome!!!  A Yorkie I assume?  I had 2 myself.  My little girl was a 'Teacup' Pup,,,  or 'Purse puppy' as some might say.. and my boy (her real brother) was a 'Meatball' jojo

Edited by Joey Mack
More content needed

47 minutes ago, Joey Mack said:

I work for myself, and I worked for them at thier company part time, then I went full time for health insurance.  So one friday I went home 2 hrs early because I was in a lot of pain, (buldging disc's)..  anyway, no one was there but me and I was done with all of my work.. went back on Monday, and the Son, ripped me a new A-Hole, cursed me me out and told me to get the "F" out!!!   when I came back to get my tool box,  he asked me if I would still be willing to build thier engines at my shop..  I sad, yes...  that was on Nov. 1st. I'm still scratching my head...  They also have 2 E-7's and an E-Tech that they want me to build...

Do you work for yourself full time now? If so do you mostly only take Mack customers or will you work on anything?

Im in my zone with Mack's... But lately I have branched out a bit..  The John Deere's were new to me, I built an Isuzu 4HE1 2 months ago..  What I do is, buy an instant download manual for what I have, and go for it... I buy tools as needed.  the Isuzu caused me to buy a rear main seal tool.. and a few other tools...  what'cha thinkin?  Jojo

8 minutes ago, Joey Mack said:

what'cha thinkin?

I was just wondering how tough it is for a mechanic to branch off on their own in todays day and age. It seems like you need crazy amounts of scan tools and manufacture specific software to communicate with these new trucks. Also, is there an aftermarket software you can buy that gives you "book time" and procedures for jobs you have never done before? I can't imagine Mack would sell that information to non dealers or what it would cost if they did.  

1 hour ago, Joey Mack said:

The green one is a John Deere 3179DF.. It's the second one ive built this year, and I have 2 more to do..  Under the cover in the very back is an E-6, 2-valve, (ENDT 673) for a B model.. around 1960. both engines are owned by the same people. Funny thing about them.... this is more for youre shop talk thread,  but anyway..  I work for myself, and I worked for them at thier company part time, then I went full time for health insurance.  So one friday I went home 2 hrs early because I was in a lot of pain, (buldging disc's)..  anyway, no one was there but me and I was done with all of my work.. went back on Monday, and the Son, ripped me a new A-Hole, cursed me me out and told me to get the "F" out!!!   when I came back to get my tool box,  he asked me if I would still be willing to build thier engines at my shop..  I sad, yes...  that was on Nov. 1st. I'm still scratching my head...  They also have 2 E-7's and an E-Tech that they want me to build...   :) jojo

Hahaha, cool story. The son seems like a really nice and understanding guy! When he asked you about the engines you were pry thinking to yourself, “sure I’ll take your money and work at home A-hole!”

Wooooo this getting cool. I’m def gonna have to get something started in the other thread for you to post this stuff and hopefully others will have cool stuff like this to share! I’m loving it ! Also most guys are always looking for an excuse to buy a new tool! Also that truck is cheaper then a snap on tool box 🤣

Edited by Onyx610

the truck was born as a Scotsdale 20... I bought it 15 years ago..  It was a whole fleetside truck..  I flat bedded it a few years alter, to do the work I do...  I bought a '78 1 ton cab n chassis in 2009...  removed the cab, went through the brakes and swapped the cab...  ran it as an automatic for a few years then bought a pedal set from E-Bay, and put a granny gear 4 spd. in it..  I work it when needed, go to Lowe's, scrap yard, and where ever I need a 1 ton..  I wont ever sell it...  It works hard for me when I need it, and it's a conversation piece at times in the parking lot...  I did build a hopped-up 400 for it but after 2 years... I pulled it out. it was too much engine for the gearing, and I put the 350 back in..  Now it's 'right'...  jojo

• Like 1