Need help with my injection pump

Hi all,

Ive got a 1964 B75 dump truck with a 672 that i keep in running order and use occasionally up at my place. Its pretty rusty, but I love it.

Unfortunately, I broke off the tee fitting on the injection pump where the return lines come together before going back to the tank. I was attempting to remove this brass fitting because I couldnt get at the stop lever below it which i was messing with cause my engine stop cable is all rusted up and not functional.

Anyways, attempting to remove it, I twisted off the nipple going into the injector pump, which is a Bosch, i beleive.

My question is this: how difficult is it to remove the whole injection pump unit? My turbo is right in front of it, so thats a pia. According to my manual, as long as i dont turn the engine, i wont lose my timing. Any tricks or warning you have to offer will definitely be appreciated!

1965 Mack B-74, dump

1974 Mack R, logging w/Prentice self-loader

www.somewhereonthemountain.blogspot.com

I had such experience with only difference it was supply nipple and it was Ambac pump. Got luck hammering a 12-edged bit (like Allen bit but with twice more edges) into the restover of the fitting and drove it off. My issue was finding another suitable fitting with apropriate thread since I was in 2000 km from my shop. Ended up using something off a certain airline to put into the pump and a certain fitting which sticked off a fuel tank (but was abandoned in the previouse years) to be used in the air line instead. But that's another story.

Speaking the injection pump if that's a Mack engine you only need to remove the bolts which attach it to the engine block, a rear support bracket and sure all pipes/cables. The coupling has a keyed slot (different styles during the ears) so you will be able to get the injection timing almost where it previousely was without special procedures. To my mind there could be small nuances relating to your particular pump vintage/style. And as long as B-model is very common truck for our members on here someone may tell you more about that than me. So too worth posting a few photos of the engine compartment and the pump setup for better identifying.

Vlad

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

2 hours ago, mowerman said:

Or just punch an easy out onto the broken nipple hole and wind it right out counterclockwise of course.. good luck … bob

That would be my plan of attack, if the easy iut as you call it is to long just trim a bit off until it is good to go 

Paul 

That was my first thought as well, but there's not much room in there with the turbo right in front of it...and i also wonder about getting metal shavings in my injection pump!

Even so, i may try this first before pulling the pump.

1965 Mack B-74, dump

1974 Mack R, logging w/Prentice self-loader

www.somewhereonthemountain.blogspot.com