1975 Mack Cf-600 Radiator blinds?

They SHOULD be sprung in the open position.  Any time there is NO air in the system, they should be open.  No questions. 

The Shutterstat that is mounted in the water manifold gives the air to the shutters to close when the engine is cool.

Sounds like someone swapped the spring around and has it pulling closed. 

• Like 1

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Aaaaaaaaaah hell,, I didn’t even know that I’ve had my DM 27 years but they have been stuck open The entire time Truck had a small front end collision and bent the shutters I have a new set I will be using but I have seen the ram trying to close them and open them before  while it was running So I’m pretty sure though shutters stat still works I don’t even know if you can still buy them… bob

I do know if you put the air into the shutterstat backwards it will close the shutters and not exhaust the air to open them(been there).  When I out the stat in the 237 I screwed up and didnt pay attention to the "in" and "out" markings.  First trip out it started to overheat, so I removed the airline to the stat and they opened.  That is when I realized it was plumbed wrong.  I tightened the stat another 1/2 turn and the air hooked up correctly and worked fine.

• Like 2

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Not sure if this helps ,

But here is what the shutter stat looks like . And like Larry said , it has an in and out on it . I posted the box  for a part #. Its a Mack # but they always seem to cross it over for me at Mack/Volvo . 

IMG_7190.jpeg.ad450553a0a6dd6fad789a2f69fd8e3f.jpeg

IMG_7189.jpeg.98247dced04ee3e5a09ddadd49d4e45a.jpeg

• Like 1

Keith