Axle seal HELP! 1980 Mack 22k

Jpri

Having an emergency, in the middle of dump truck season and had a few days off so decided to change the brakes. Took the drum and axle hubs off, popped a seal off to match and no one can even get me a part number or match. Kenworth shop said they could overnight them and charge me $275 per axle for labor and id have it back in 3 days. Great! Right? A week and a half later I get my truck back with a $2700 bill for the tandems only because they couldn’t source the front pads. I drove it for 3 hours and seen 2 of the 4 seals leaking. I heard a parts guy tell the service manager they used the ones on there shelf. I was with his parts guy when we decided there seals were slightly out of spec then mine and they we’re going to order them. Never did,those bastards, I don’t believe they could find the right one. There’s no Mack dealer in town here and heavy truck places can’t find this seal. Anyone know what a stemco number is for this or where I could find one? It’s a 1980 Mack super liner with 22k axles. I’m losing money every day this thing is down😣

I do have a seal but it’s in my truck, will grab and post the 2 numbers that are on it tomorrow. Does that specify a year rob or does it matter? I came across some ones for 44k axles and was talking about antilock brakes which mine don’t have. I have the old school drum bolted to hub style. Don’t know if there the same as new Mack axles.

Sorry I didn’t get back, been busy and there finishing up my truck so just want to get this going down the road. I’ll hit the forum later with some seal numbers. I’d like to have them on the shelf.

You can just call a Mack dealer with the model and last 6 of the V.I.N.,,,, get the part #, then use Rob's chart and find the seal at NAPA or on-line... it's probably a cross to a national#3700-22A... or even a 3800-22A..  Don't quote me, just  tossing out an example. :)