1986 E6 350 Low oil pressure after rebuild

42 minutes ago, eshack93 said:

I’ve got a 79 rs686 with the 283. It has 3 oil filters. How would I tell if it has the oversized pan or not? 

deep pan holds 53 litres / quarts or so standard pan is 32 ! if you have 3 filters it should have the 53 liter pan how ever it may have been changed! The deep pan is aprox 10 -12 inches the standard is around eight inches both of these are estimates never  measured them how ever there is a big difference side by side! Check for scratches on the tips of the gears and the inside of the housing the oil is carried round the out side if its scrffed up change the pump and i don't like the look of that releif valve!

Edited by fjh
  • Like 1

Checked the pump for scratches it’s all pretty clean the teeth all look to be in good shape. I polished the pressure valve with 1500 grit sandpaper and got it baby smooth. My oil pan is 9 inches in the deep part of it towards the bell housing. 

Thanks Bob for posting all the pics... I tried to explain this whole process, but I cant post pics..  the pressure valve he posted is JUNK.  the other checks we posted are the shit..  Thanks again,, jojo

23 minutes ago, Joey Mack said:

Thanks Bob for posting all the pics... I tried to explain this whole process, but I cant post pics..  the pressure valve he posted is JUNK.  the other checks we posted are the shit..  Thanks again,, jojo

I think the pump is too  (JUNK) Jojo.  Gear looks like it never had an oil change .

• Like 1

Well from what he saying it’s just the idle pressure is the problem but I don’t know why his oil filters are not full But yes I agree A new oil pump is certainly not going to hurt it especially the two piece for bushing I don’t know what’s up with that According to the explosion version I don’t see a two piece bushing I can appreciate it but nobody likes to spend money especially if you don’t have it but for a work Ride  it needs to be right… Bob

• Like 1
  • Like 1

I used to do a lot of car automatic transmissions and I always made sure I would rebuild the front and rear pump that’s not that much more I’m sure I’ll be doing more of them after retirement very good profit will rebuilding I am sure you know that yourself Joey $$$$$$$$

• Like 1

I think it was a slip of the tongue I meant to say front pump and front and rear servo rebuild Joey you’re like so cool not sure if I mentioned it I got cut today on account of heavy snow on Donner Pass they canceled my run that’s why I’ve been on here quite a bit I didn’t want to work anyway… bob

• Haha 1