1939 Mack Bus Restore

I am restoring a 1939 Mack bus.  I would like to restore to period accurate bus interior.  I am having difficulty finding reference pictures of the interior.  Looking for someone to point me in the right direction.  I appreciate the help.

• Like 1

I'd start by requesting the build records using the VIN, from the Mack Museum, if you haven't already. Then research the company that built the body. Make some connections with groups that collect/restore buses. Internet searches can be very helpful for photographs, technical info and other connections. In time, you'll built those contacts and sources to get the info and input to get the restoration done.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, mattb73lt said:

I'd start by requesting the build records using the VIN, from the Mack Museum, if you haven't already. Then research the company that built the body. Make some connections with groups that collect/restore buses. Internet searches can be very helpful for photographs, technical info and other connections. In time, you'll built those contacts and sources to get the info and input to get the restoration done.

The Mack museum has been closed due to the virus, so it will be a while for an answer if you ask for information. When they finally do reopen, there is going to be a big backlog and it could take a long time for a response. Get your request in now so you are in line.

They rely on donations for operation of the museum.

• Like 1