R Model Dash layout and Interior

Wow!

On 9/16/2020 at 10:03 AM, nicste said:

Looking for some help on the original layout of our R797 dash and interior in general. Anyone for any pictures or ideas, thanks in advance

WhatsApp Image 2020-09-16 at 11.08.38.jpeg

That Steering wheel looks like new, no cracks anywhere. Only my observation for Originality but it is on the wrong side of the truck :idunno: 

On 9/18/2020 at 8:29 AM, AZB755V8 said:

Wow!

That Steering wheel looks like new, no cracks anywhere. Only my observation for Originality but it is on the wrong side of the truck :idunno: 

She was brought into South Africa via New Zealand. Looking to find out how original the dash controls are or what's missing

• Like 1

The dash looks mostly original excepting the instruments. Those are usually seen of a different style. But of the same size excepting the speedo. One thing is for sure such dash is not typical to everything sold in USA, Canada or Europe. And to my mind Australia too. Not ready to tell about NZ. So the instruments could be possibly swapped during the service years or installed by the NZ assembly plant if they used such ones (I doubt on that though). So seems like a matter for further investigation keeping the focus of attention to NZ produced Macks. Or the instruments could be (easily?) swapped with units of the US type which are quite common and avalible from multiple sources including ebay.

• Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

The turn light switch, trolley valve assembly, shifter lever knob and the steering wheel are definitely original and almost typical to Mack. Same for all the dash panels. The parking brake control to the left of the driver seat cushion is the most probably an aftermarket conversion.

• Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

On 9/23/2020 at 3:19 AM, nicste said:

She was brought into South Africa via New Zealand. Looking to find out how original the dash controls are or what's missing

I had a Steel dash F model many years ago. & with the Exception of the Tachograph. Looks to be very similar(if not the same), to my old Foggy memory.

If It came from New Zealand, There's a fair chance It was Built here In Australia...!

• Like 1

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

• 1 month later...