Strange Humming Noise

alex g

On 10/18/2020 at 1:08 PM, alex g said:

Haven't gotten to the bottom of this problem but I was told yesterday my steering pump which is a Luk brand has issues with bypassing. This could cause the noise. I have to get a pressure gauge on it to see if that's the problem but the place to test it is a couple hours away and until I have work in that direction it can wait. I'll update this when I get to that point.

Did you check the power steering fluid level?  Mine will hum if fluid level gets low.  Though that's usually only when turning.

Thanks Vmac and Jojo and everyone else that posted. I don't run this truck in winter and I'm hoping to get a chance to look at it soon. Vmac I see you worked in Toronto I'm in Dunnville if you attend any of the local truck shows I'll likely meet you in person eventually

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Vmac3 said:

I attend the truck show every year at the international center by the airport. 

There's a great antique truck Show in Clifford every year. If you haven't been or heard of it. Hosted by great lakes truck club. Also Ontario antique trucks puts on a couple shows a year. I believe there on Facebook I'm not

• Like 1

I've been to bunch of big truck shows as a spectator, But 2021 should be better, If I can get my 1948 KB7 together, I'm going to try to attend shows with my own truck, for the first time... Merry Christmas and Happy new year!!!  Jojo

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Joey Mack said:

I've been to bunch of big truck shows as a spectator, But 2021 should be better, If I can get my 1948 KB7 together, I'm going to try to attend shows with my own truck, for the first time... Merry Christmas and Happy new year!!!  Jojo

Don't be shy post some pics of your KB7

she's a work in progress.... The tires are all new. (The glass and seals are in storage), the grille trim is in the cab in a box... but otherwise, she's all there.. I just got it in Oct. and have been too busy to do anything yet.  I'm proud to have her.  I will get some interior pics and engine pics. She's a time capsule from 1948.. Thanks for youre interest, Jojo

KIMG0253.JPG

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Joey Mack said:

she's a work in progress.... The tires are all new. (The glass and seals are in storage), the grille trim is in the cab in a box... but otherwise, she's all there.. I just got it in Oct. and have been too busy to do anything yet.  I'm proud to have her.  I will get some interior pics and engine pics. She's a time capsule from 1948.. Thanks for youre interest, Jojo

KIMG0253.JPG

Looks in good shape. You should post in other truck makes to show her off 

How do I find out if she's Canadian? I assume with the vin? I haven' t looked yet... I would also like to find a forum on Internationals... I had a '73 scout back in the late 80's. It was my "woods buggy" up in Maine... Thanks guys. Jojo

13 minutes ago, Joey Mack said:

How do I find out if she's Canadian? I assume with the vin? I haven' t looked yet... I would also like to find a forum on Internationals... I had a '73 scout back in the late 80's. It was my "woods buggy" up in Maine... Thanks guys. Jojo

Hopefully Alex won't mind if we steer off course . LOL 

I've added a link that may help. I have a soft spot for international's . My father always had one. So I have had a couple loadstars. 

Interesting part about the international forums is I always got more information about my Loadstars here on BMT than I ever got on an International forum. 

I would suggest what Alex said. Start a tread in other truck makes. There is a lot of knowledge amongst the BMT crew . 

https://oldihc.wordpress.com/2012/11/30/ih-serial-numbers-2/

• Like 1

Keith