Summit Racing

VaPatentman

Has anyone else had problems with Summit recently? They owe me a credit of $300.00 for a  core charge which was returned and accepted by Dorman nearly a month ago.  There are only 2-ways you can contact Summit, by phone and wait up to 1-hr 45-mins and be disconnected or text them and never receive a reply. Thoughts would be appreciated

EZ Fix,

More than likely you purchased with a credit card for the full amount including the core charge and possibly shipping & tax. Dispute the charge with your CC company, state the transaction was not complete. That a required refund has not been issued even though you returned the core/part some 30 days ago. They will immediately reverse the full charge amount. Start an investigation and get a response from Summit without you. You will get the $300 returned but it may take up to 30 days. Let Summit deal with the CC Company.

• Like 2

Had a similar problem with LMC...paid for the order on a pre-paid card, and tossed it when it was used up. Ended up sending a part back after talking to them and notifying them of the need for a check to be sent, NOT just a credit onto a card I no longer had. Even noted on the return form NOT to credit the card, but to send a check. What did they do? Credited the card. Went a few rounds on the phone with them and they claimed it was beyond their control because the credit had already been posted and there was nothing they could do. Contacted the BBB and lodged a complaint. Few days later, they (LMC) sent me a check.

I've never had an issue with Summit...hell, place an order Sunday night and it shows up Wednesday with free shipping. Most of the parts on my Suburban have come from Summit, Jeggs, or LMC. Stuff with a core charge I'll usually get locally, though...IF I can find it locally.

• Like 1
When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

Lowes  I bought a grinder $120 and extended warranty and payed with gift card   time go's by it stops working  I go back to Lowes  I have no sales slip  they look up my Lowes club card and it shows everything I ever bought except that grinder  then she said if you used a gift card  it won't show up on here .  when paying with gift card you have to save the sales slip.

• Like 1

Luckily I'm minutes away from Summit here in Akron.  I know this covid crap has everything screwed up.  Many phone sales work from home so they aren't even close to anyone in the office to move things along.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Glad you got your bread back I hardly go there since I don’t own  a racing car  or hot rod . But yes it is a really cool store I do I drive a 2014 Mustang but yes as Larry said everything is all messed up these days nothing is the way it used to be .... DMV it is still closed here in Reno... bob

• Like 1