Shame to see good looking old trucks scrapped

I sometimes drive by a dismantling yard near me ( Brookfield Resource Management) in Elmsford NY just to see the old trucks they  have bought or hauled in. They seem to buy quite a few from municipal auctions. I know one in particular a 71  Flintstone R tractor that sell ran and drove well which they bought for $1600. Lots of trucks that look like they still have life in them. A few years ago someone told me that some were exported which to me is fine. Better than getting chopped up. How ever lately I  learned that they no longer sell whole trucks, they all get chopped up and you can by parts if you want. Shame because some of them wouldn't  need much to be seen at a antique trucks show.

6 hours ago, Nor'Easter said:

I was there a week ago.  Watched a large firetruck hit the torch.  And a really clean 90s Land Rover roll in to be sold as scrap.

Most 90s and even later Land Rovers were absolute overpriced junk. They would have major problems before 80K such as buring oil etc. No wonder he company changed ownership so often.  When we took them on trade we were lucky to get out of them without losing money. They were more of status symbols. The over seas market ones were better and simpler and often did not have the status symbol electronic junk on them. 

• Like 2