Bob Newhart, Season 2, Episode 13

Mack Technician

25 minutes ago, Quickfarms said:

You are probably correct, if not I have an idea where it might be in Southern California there are three places that come to mind but I think they are all closed due to Covid 19

Do you have any more pictures of it?

Nope. I was going to shortcut the episode from Dailymotion. It wouldn’t let me. Nice looking setup. Google it and watch it. Hilarious.....

George finally gets accepted as a volunteer fireman after screwing up multiple other volunteer efforts throughout town. The town hadn’t actually had a fire since the 70’s so they leave George alone to man the firehouse phone. He’s goofing off in the truck and drops the keys to the Mack down the floor grate on which it’s parked. Fire 🔥 calls in, Bob, George and Kurt go to it in Bobs car. Grease fire. They have nothing to fight it with. George sacrifices himself by jumping onto the burning pan with his PPE on to smother it with his body. Wins the praise of the people. 

I always watched "Newhart" but I don't remember this episode. The show was supposedly set in an inn that Bob Newhart owned in Vermont. Tom Poston

was the maintenance man. TV shows are not real life, a Mack "L" model fire engine did not have keys, there were two pull knobs and two starter buttons.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I always watched "Newhart" but I don't remember this episode. The show was supposedly set in an inn that Bob Newhart owned in Vermont. Tom Poston
was the maintenance man. TV shows are not real life, a Mack "L" model fire engine did not have keys, there were two pull knobs and two starter buttons.

The truth never affected a hollywood writer
  • Haha 1