Sign in to follow this  
bulldogfan

A/C Explosion!

Have an 07 mack with the APADS controller.

A/c works perfectly, until you come to a stop. Then the problem starts.

The engine fan is not coming on. Therefore the high side pressure skyrockets, until the drier pressure relief valve opens.

Wow, what a racket that makes!   So, I replaced the high side pressure switch and the relay mounted to the apads box.

No, difference.    So, my question is do these boxes fail?   Also, the orange wire coming out of controller is the fan wire. I am not getting any voltage on this wire, even when high side pressure is over 400 psi?    What tells the fan to come on?  I can get fan to engage if I disconnect the relay, of some of the other connectors nearby.        So...............

I don't know anything about the APADS, but I figured the compressor would kick off before the pressure got that high.

Same on APADS experience but could be solved by connecting the high pressure sensor to a separate relay to switch the fan. A kind of a lame customizing but would fix the problem.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Posted (edited)

https://www.indexsensors.com/pdfs/apads_faqs.pdf

The boxes do fail

Section D is fan control info  about diagnosing the box

Gives diagnostics, blink codes and such.

Edited by 41chevy

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’”

P.T.CHESHIRE