B61 hand primer

tilynb61

Hand primer leaking on my 63 END673. So to get home I bypassed it, line from tank directly to secondary fuel filter inlet. Truck ran for about 5 minutes, quit on the side of the road. Put it back the way it was, started right up, still leaking of course. Am I missing something on the fuel system flow? Thanks 

Yes, the hand pump is mounted to the transfer pump.  I replaced the transfer pump on my 237 after I got it running.  I'm trying to recall by poor memory that the hand primer just screws down into the transfer pump?  Have to look at mine tonight to recall.  Is it leaking at that joint?

Edited by Freightrain

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

On 7/27/2020 at 2:57 PM, Freightrain said:

Yes, the hand pump is mounted to the transfer pump.  I replaced the transfer pump on my 237 after I got it running.  I'm trying to recall by poor memory that the hand primer just screws down into the transfer pump?  Have to look at mine tonight to recall.  Is it leaking at that joint?

If it is like the one I had, then, yes, it just screws into the pump.  I got a replacement one from some 3rd party, but it leaked around the threads.  I found a shop which had seal kits for the original.  So, I took the original apart and put new seals in it.  That fixed it.  In fact, I may still have one spare set of seals in the top of the tool box...

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."