Tent Garages

hurstscrambler

I’m looking to get a fabric temporary garage to store my truck in.  I wanted to see if any you guys had them or had any experience with them.  I have enough room to keep the truck indoors for the most part, but if I’m working on another project or painting it will need to get moved outside that will be where the tent comes in.  I had a single car tent years ago that served me well, it was shelter logic brand.  To  get something suited to the New England climate and the size I need it looks to be about $4500 from the same manufacturer.   That is a bit more that I was hoping, anyone have any input or suggestions?  Thanks, Andy

I’m saying that I don’t need a permit in my area for a tent garage, for a metal one I’m sure I would.  In the end I may add a small amount of square footage to my existing garage  so the truck will fit and be less of a nuisance.  In that case I’m sure I will be talking to your buddies in the building department.  Garages are never large enough.  Andy

If it's just for when you're working on another project, why not get a carport? Shouldn't require any permits, and some of them you can get with sides (only open on the ends). From there, it'd be easy enough to close off one end...then add a door on the other to complete it. Probably do all that for less than that tent garage, and will last a heck of a lot longer.

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

1 hour ago, hurstscrambler said:

I’m saying that I don’t need a permit in my area for a tent garage, for a metal one I’m sure I would. 

Gotcha.

In many areas any addition of impervious coverage requires a permit whether a temporary structure or not. 

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS