ARI Hetra 60,000 Pound Lift.

tenfive0

Picked up a used ARI Hetra Lift System this past weekend that was used in a local Bus Garage that went out of business.

Each Mobile Column Lift is capable of lifting 15,000 pound each, times 4 = 60,000 pound total.

Plus four (4) 15,000 pound jack stands = 60,000 pounds.

Two (2) of the Lifts are in need of repairs. The previous owner wasn't the brightest crayon in the box. While rigging the lifts out of his closed garage and moving them to a storage facility he dropped them. He dropped one Lift while loading and the other while off loading. It will be awhile until I find time to fix whats broken. I have other project in front of this one I'm currently involved in but I can't wait to not have to crawl around on the concrete floor any longer to work on my trucks and other vehicles.

If BIG is GOOD? BIGGER is BETTER!

20200613_202215-01.jpg

-3286297232983054821-01.jpg

• Like 1

Mack 11E.jpg

same set we have at work. biggest thing is keep them clean and lubed and only use wd40 to lube them and its always a good idea to release or cage the brakes on a big truck when you lift it so it finds ''home'' as it goes up and down. otherwise the lifts tend to jam

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

NICE!  I guess the challenge now is to make sure all areas of your floor are solid.  was at a friends shop  the other day an d he put a new outdoor post lift in.  so I was asking him about what he had for footings and he rattled off what he did then says.."follow me".  we go in shop and he starts banging concrete floor with a heavy bar around an existing lift and it has a very hollow sound.  "Rats" he said.  tunneling!

I run Stertil Koni wireless lifts and love them.  We don’t release brakes but we make sure to dump the air suspension and always chain up the loose axle so not to damage suspension. The lifts will find their “home” if they are not perfectly centered.  I saw these on Craigslist and figured I’d pass it along.  They are about half the price of new. https://newjersey.craigslist.org/hvo/d/newark-stertil-koni-mobile-columns/7142767474.html

Rat? He said. Good luck rats tunneling under my slab. My shop addition was finished three years ago this coming August. The floor is 3,500 PSI fiberglass reinforced concrete poured on blue and brown shale. If anything can dig through or tunnel we'll all have bigger problems to worry about other then just rats.

I was considering a permanently mounted or fixed two post lift but I'm land locked and limited for space. If I was to put a fixed lift in my shop I would have trouble parking or fitting the Mack in the garage. Was giving some thought on a single post movable lift until the ARI Hetra lifts became available. If I thought I could afford and was looking or wanted these type or specific lifts at any price I'd have never found them. Just happened by chance. The price was right and they were local so it was a no brianer to purchase them. When I was considering a lift the thought of lifting the Mack wasn't even a consideration. BONUS...

Mack 31.jpg

Mack 11E.jpg