I agree Tim. but do you think the 460 will do the job? pretty sure that no. heavy axle but nut enough power to carry the load... Mack must do something with their engine. MP10 soon!!! and wish that it sound like a Mack...

I think that all in all the small blocks have proven themselves and the 460 is a good engine in my opion but a true Mack big block we would all like to see. I don't think that will happen especially after Volvo,Tim

I think that all in all the small blocks have proven themselves and the 460 is a good engine in my opion but a true Mack big block we would all like to see. I don't think that will happen especially after Volvo,Tim

clean up the E-9 a little and go back to them. all the power you need! jj

and remember

"PREFORMANCE COUNTS"

We will probably soon again see a 16 litre engine in a Mack... But It'll be a Volvo 6.

It's costing Volvo a fortune to build that small volume 16 litre 6 that shares almost nothing with the new 12/13 litre 6. It would have been much more cost effective to build a 16 litre V8 sharing the 12 litre's parts and development costs. Given that 16 litre 6s tend to be long, tall, and heavy beasts a V8 of similar size would be a lot easier to fit under the hood or cab too, as well as providing a bit more payload.

the specs are nice but if your lugging or working in the low end of the rpm spec my new 400 sucks compared to the old 300 in my 96

Probably Because of these new laws, engine builders are forced to work and rework these engines to meet goverment regs. and we all lose out on power and dependabilty.

The local fuel hauler in the area has new 475 and 550 twin turbo cats and is having problems with them(they have 10 problems). The local milk hauler has twice as many trucks with cummins isx and are having problems too,Tim

• 3 weeks later...