Allis Chalmers modern earth moving video

85snowdog

Every HD-5, and HD-6 I've ever seen had Detroit Diesel two stroke engines installed. Don't know if that was only option, or spec'd that way. Seen one Allis crawler with a Buda diesel built before Allis purchased Buda.

• Like 1

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I know they made some big 4WD sugar cane tractors and at the time they were having a lot of issues with their own engines and almost all of them were repowered with Detroit's.

There are a lot of really cool old Allis Chalmers dealer videos on You Tube. For both their farm tractors and the motor graders.

Allis Chalmers was another company like White Motor Corp. It is amazing how big and much stuff they were into. Everything from crushers to power generation. There is still Allis Chalmers crushers working in the slag processing area of our steel mill.

• Like 2

Anyone have  a clue how those cable dozers were set up to control a cable scraper?  I  would think they had to have three separate drums- one to  control  height/cut depth of  the bowl, one  to raise/lower the apron, and one to control the ejector plate. Or was  the apron/ejector on same drum?  That is, raise  apron minimal height to load, keep raising and at a certain point the ejector  starts moving forward to dump?????

AFAIK

on the rear of the dozer they had a Duble Drum Power Control Unit (PCU)

On sum C@ dozers they had also a front run wire rope control to raise and lower the dozer blade

U could unhook the blade or chain the blade up and run the wire rope south to also control the drawn scraper

57a27bb3b84abbc262c427b3e6d671e8.jpg

WotSezU?

cya

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Swishy said:

AFAIK

on the rear of the dozer they had a Duble Drum Power Control Unit (PCU)

On sum C@ dozers they had also a front run wire rope control to raise and lower the dozer blade

U could unhook the blade or chain the blade up and run the wire rope south to also control the drawn scraper

57a27bb3b84abbc262c427b3e6d671e8.jpg

WotSezU?

cya

Well Swishy maybe two  then is all it took as I was guessing- one for bowl height and the second controlled the  apron and the ejector plate.  Pull on cable and apron raises to start loading.  At a certain point once apron reaches a given height the ejector starts moving forward. At max  ht of  apron the ejector plate would  be all the way up/forward.