Need Mack RS685 radiator

Victordc98

Yes Victor, radiators have gotten really expensive in this country and the narrow RS style has been getting some age on for quite some time. I'm sure there is probably one around someplace unused but finding a serviceable one used is going to be tough.

Do you have upper and lower tanks to recore, or are you missing the complete radiator?

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

6 minutes ago, Mike Harbison said:

I've got one out in the weeds,probably needs boiled out,but it was good when taken out,I'd let it go for scrap value. 

Costly to ship to Venezuela

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

11 hours ago, Rob said:

Sí, Víctor, los radiadores se han vuelto muy caros en este país y el estrecho estilo RS ha estado envejeciendo durante bastante tiempo. Estoy seguro de que probablemente haya uno en algún lugar sin usar, pero encontrar uno utilizable será difícil.

¿Tiene tanques superiores e inferiores para recuperar, o le falta el radiador completo?

Complete radiator missing

10 hours ago, Mike Harbison said:

Tengo uno en la maleza, probablemente necesite hervirlo, pero fue bueno cuando lo saqué, lo dejaría ir por valor de chatarra.

If you have one, you can pass the images to my WhatsApp is +58 412 1304602

1 hour ago, alex g said:

Victor, a todos nos gustaría ayudarte, pero creo que enviarte costaría tanto como comprar un radiador. ¿Te has asegurado de recuperar el tuyo?

el camión mío no trajo radiador yo le puse uno temporal de otro modelo pero no me sirve por sus dimensiones

Mike;

I shipped some 1972 R model parts to Venenzuela once and it really wasn't difficult to do. It did take about 40 days for them to arrive in that country however. I just had to ship the parts to Miami, Fl to be staged for a container load going to the country. I didn't pay for anything so don't know the true cost, but I had no problem with the remittance at all.

If Victor will initiate the import procedures and get you paid, I'll grab the radiator when over there and have a friend whom gets to Miami often transport it to the staging point at cost.

I'd do that to see another old Mack in operation.

• Like 1

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

15 hours ago, Rob said:

Miguel;

Envié algunas partes del modelo R de 1972 a Venenzuela una vez y realmente no fue difícil de hacer. Sin embargo, les llevó unos 40 días llegar a ese país. Solo tenía que enviar las piezas a Miami, Florida para que me organizaran una carga de contenedores que iba al país. No pagué nada, así que no sé el costo real, pero no tuve ningún problema con el envío.

Si Víctor iniciará los procedimientos de importación y le pagará, tomaré el radiador cuando esté allí y un amigo que llega a Miami a menudo lo transporta al punto de parada al costo.

Haría eso para ver a otro viejo Mack en funcionamiento.

Thank you really here you can not get that model of radiator. I would appreciate it in my soul 

15 hours ago, Rob said:

Miguel;

Envié algunas partes del modelo R de 1972 a Venenzuela una vez y realmente no fue difícil de hacer. Sin embargo, les llevó unos 40 días llegar a ese país. Solo tenía que enviar las piezas a Miami, Florida para que me organizaran una carga de contenedores que iba al país. No pagué nada, así que no sé el costo real, pero no tuve ningún problema con el envío.

Si Víctor iniciará los procedimientos de importación y le pagará, tomaré el radiador cuando esté allí y un amigo que llega a Miami a menudo lo transporta al punto de parada al costo.

Haría eso para ver a otro viejo Mack en funcionamiento.

This is my phone number, you can write me on WhatsApp, I like to learn things about those classic Mack trucks and if you can send me the photos of the radiator you can also do it. here my number +584121304602

16 minutes ago, Victordc98 said:

Thank you really here you can not get that model of radiator. I would appreciate it in my soul 

I know how difficult parts are to obtain there from past experience. The last party I sent parts to initiated everything and all the conversions were done by them. Used to be plenty of Mack Trucks in your country but not so many "Western" variants so I can imagine a radiator of the type needed would not be easy to obtain. 

I don't have a radiator for an RS series to photograph but do try to work with Superdog for the one he has. If you two can work together, I'm not that far to get it picked up and packaged. I'll then enlist another friend whom is a Mack collector to arrange transport to Miami, or whatever port is called for.

I really don't do too much on my phone and don't know the application you mention. Really don't know how to call out of the USA with this phone either.