Volvo Trucks – Our Latest Truck

kscarbel2

The bulldog hasn't completely "bled out" from the wounds yet and still want's to perform. I expect it will hang around a few more years till meeting the "Heavenly Kennel" in the sky.

The brand has earned it's place.

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

7 hours ago, 41chevy said:

I would blame the multi brand dealers who push any unit except Mack and Volvo for the lack of interest. The reason they do it? Commission on the sales of PAACAR's , Volvo and Macks lack if the big H.P diesel they all imagine they need or is it  just indifference to anything that isn't Pete or KW that the "in crowd" has?

I have been saying this for years. Mack no longer has a Dealership presence. they are simply a name mentioned when a truck center advertises who they make repairs for. Even when you go to Dealers who have that Bland Mack sign out front you will see nothing but volvos and others out front. might see 1 or 2 new macks on the lot if you are lucky.  Volvo spends millions to keep Mack alive and yet invests little into promoting the brand name.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, kscarbel2 said:

Volvo has created the smartest VHD ever so as to meet your toughest demands, and yet nobody here seems to appreciate it. 

Well Kevin I'll say it IS good looking-in particular the axle forward configuration.  Just again a continuation of the decline of American builders though and it will be a matter of time before we will be left with one American class 8 builder not controlled by  Europeans.

• Like 1

Well, to be fair, I don't know about the new ones, but I have a friend that has two 2002 VHD dump trucks with 465 Volvo power. They have been flipped over, beat and tortured by numerous drivers, and they are still going. Motors never opened up.

But, would I want one over any model of Mack? No thanks. Just not into square box styling.