1989 Mid-liner MS200 compressor

DN DeCelle

I have a 1989 Mid-liner MS200. The coupling in front of the Knorr-Dahl air compressor has become very noisy until the unloader valve opens. This is my first truck with air brakes and I’m not familiar with what this coupling is called. I’d like to replace it and am hoping someone can tell me what it’s called, and maybe a part number. 
I got the truck last year. All of the brake valves were leaking. I’ve replaced the unloader valve and the foot valve. I’m having trouble finding the parking brake valve and want to replace the noisy compressor drive shaft coupling. Other than the worn out brake valves, the truck is completely solid. Former Penske truck. 125,000 well maintained miles. Not a single leak or wet spot on the 5.5L engine. I believe the truck was parked when the unloader valve gave up and they started looking for parts. I have no intention of ever stepping foot in a Mack dealership. So far, I’ve crossed numbers and found parts on the internet for very reasonable prices. Thanks for any help. I look forward to learning a lot here. Of course, the pictures turned sideways. 

72FA50B1-DF3B-46CC-8DA4-20B9CFACAA5D.jpeg

CD879503-DED8-4B2C-8EB5-7F85787F4124.jpeg

DA96D59D-5C69-441E-A387-0C7ED559C192.jpeg

3 hours ago, DN DeCelle said:

I didn’t call a Mack dealer and won’t be. I am hoping this forum can help me. I’ve never had a good experience at any dealership. Hoping someone might have the parts manual. 

Have checked e-bay for a manual?    terry:MackLogo:

Awesome. The seller on eBay that has the catalog for sale offered it to me for $299.99 today. Is it me, or is that a bit excessive for a parts catalog? So far, the numbers that Panelizer provided haven’t produced much. I know these parts aren’t  exactly on the shelves at Autozone, but I was hoping to shake something loose. Patience. I’ve got time. I’ve emailed a couple places in Europe. I’m a “glass half full” kind of guy, so I’ll fill my glass eventually. Thanks again for the help. 

When you get one, I'd get a few 3d printed to keep or sell.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

• 1 year later...

1991 Midliner CS300 - Drivers side above the RIGHT side of battery box , 5 air lines and 3 electrical sensors screw into this 1.5" by 4.75"  rectangular metal or white metal manifold block.  Need to replace this manifold block as mine is cracked. SEE PHOTOS of part highlighted in RED.  Any ideas ??

MIDLINER AIR manifold location 1.jpg

MIDLINER AIR FITTING MANIFOLD 1.jpg

MIDLINER AIR FITTING MANIFOLD 2.jpg

Edited by 91Midliner
pictures text

• 4 months later...
On 2/27/2020 at 10:23 PM, DN DeCelle said:

Ok. Thanks. The dealer quoted me just shy of $700 for the foot valve. Got one online for $75. Quoted me just shy of $300 for unloader valve. Got it for $36 online. Both new and functioning perfectly. The foot valve is even Wabco. 

Hell ., Can you send a pic of the unloader valve and purge valve please