Antique plates in Pennsylvania

I have a antique plate on my b model was pretty easy to get it. Go to a place that can help you someone that really no's what their doing you don't need photos anymore the plate was 67.00. My insurance is with gulfway they wan't photos 4 sides and if you can take one in a garage that went better for me. good luck. I don't know were you are but ask around and find an older tag place i find if i got a weird title problem i go to a guy i know ex trucker he always get things going for me hr's been doing title work for 30 years.

4 hours ago, mackdump600@yahoo.com said:

Hi I have a 70 or 6:08 fire truck that I'm trying to convert to a pickup and running into a snag on putting plates on it does anybody have antique plates over 10000 GVW in Pennsylvania they tell me I can't do it need some help

Who's (they) telling you they can't do it?

Mack 11E.jpg

They are the local Center to send plates in she says I have to do a reconstructed title and I can't have anything over 10000 GVW on plates with antique and I plan on pulling a trailer and have to have a   aportion plate .can you send me the name and number of the guy you use maybe he can do it for me thank you

I have a 79 r model that I got antique tags on it.I did have to supply pen dot with 4 pictures showing all 4 sides with the windows up.It was refused at first,there reason was that it looked to dirty,so I gave it a quickie paint job.Then it was no problem.I do use gulfway for insurance,I can pull a trailer.The best part of having antique plates is you don’t need to have the truck inspected or you don’t need a cdl to drive.

Hi I think that is the problem mine is body type ft fire truck and I want to change it to a custom and it won't let me do it without the enhanced inspection then after the enhanced inspection they say I can't do a antique plate thank you for your answer I suppose I will have to get my CDLs back and go to the way with the apportioned plate

Where do you live?  If you just go to Harrisburg with the title and proof of insurance should be able to get an antique plate on the spot.  Don’t mention changing it or anything.  You don’t need pictures for antique plates anymore.  You do for insurance but that should not matter. I don’t  understand why there would be any question as long as you have a good PA title and proof of insurance.  Mike. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, mackdump600@yahoo.com said:

The notary service I went to brought it up on his computer and said he can't put an antique tag on anything over 10000 GVW it's something they just changed recently I guess I will go back to him and check again thank you for the answers and possible solutions

That is kinda true.  Antique plates do not have a weight rating.     Like asked before. Where are you at?    I’m sure there’s people on here that can recommend a notary that knows what they are doing.     Like said above.  You need proof of insurance before you can do anything for tags.  

Hi I am in Southwestern PA next to Morgantown West Virginia and I rechecked with the same notary and it was probably my fault for wanting to title with two different ways antique and Custom and I think I got it cleared up he sent the paperwork in tonight see what happens maybe they'll give it to me thanks to all that answered appreciate it I'll keep you posted.  As far as the insurance the only thing he needed was a insurance company that was company that was insuring something of mine and that's all it needed it didn't have to be on that truck 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all got my plates back from PennDOT today antique historical plates no inspections lifetime plate talk to Haggerty insurance they will ensure tractors pulling trailers doesn't have to be an antique trailer their requirements are is just to go to shows but they don't check mileage so hopefully that clears it up for all of us now just hope the shows keep going God bless us all thank you

• Like 2