Star with X12

Bullheaded

The X12 is NOT available from Paccar. The previous ISX12 was available.....and popular. But this year, when the X12 replaced the ISX12, Paccar did not sign a purchase agreement with Cummins for the X12, opting to only offer its own Paccar engines.

Currently, only Autocar, Freightliner* and Western Star offer the X12 in the U.S. market.

Paccar, I feel, shot themselves in the foot. Customers like choice, and the X12 is a great option. Their arrogant decision has already alienated a lot of Paccar customers.

* https://www.bigmacktrucks.com/topic/59782-cummins-x12-endurant-powertrain-now-available-in-regional-haul-applications/?tab=comments#comment-435627

https://www.bigmacktrucks.com/topic/55010-cummins-x12-engine-now-available-for-freightliner-114sd/

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kscarbel2 said:

The X12 is NOT available from Paccar. The previous ISX12 was available.....and popular. But this year, when the X12 replaced the ISX12, Paccar did not sign a purchase agreement with Cummins for the X12, opting to only offer its own Paccar engines.

Currently, only Autocar, Freightliner (a new development) and Western Star offer the X12 in the U.S. market.

Paccar, I feel, shot themselves in the foot. Customers like choice, and the X12 is a great option. Their arrogant decision has already alienated a lot of Paccar customers.

Well the Pete we speced was in the fall of 17’ and we liked the  X15 enough that we didn’t even ask about it on the one we ordered this  spring.  Told them, to send another just like the last one.  You know, like we used to do with Mack. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, kscarbel2 said:

Currently, only Autocar, Freightliner (a new development) and Western Star offer the X12 in the U.S. market.

It's not an option here at All..!!

I suspect Western Star might offer it. But they've lost the Plot a bit, since PENSKE took over the Distribution rights Down here..

• Like 1

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -