05 Granite AMI 370 Motor Mounts

Deere Mack

37 minutes ago, Mack Technician said:

Yup

lol...I knew they were.  I ask two mechanics to check them out.  My new now ex mechanic that would help out from time to time and I had it at the mack dealer for pooter updates and ask them to check them out. Both said they looked fine.  It's really hard to find good help these days!

Edited by Deere Mack

I'm a little worried my update didn't go like it should.  It needed the latest update and I ask them to check the throttle control update etc. Went to pick it up and I had ask to remove the 5 min auto shutdown that couldn't be over ridden, didn't and some how the engine brake got disabled and all the sudden the engine oil temp doesn't work. Had to take it back. Can't tell any difference in performance with the new update.

On 11/2/2019 at 11:41 AM, Mack Technician said:

Not good. Knuckleheads didn’t save your customer data before they uploaded the new program. More gray engine amnesia.

If you had the level 9 throttle issue you’ll know if it’s still there? Is your engine power fluctuating? 

It's been wet here and I haven't got to run a load yet, but running lite it doesn't seem to have any issues with throttle. 

I'm going to try and find those motor mount bushings and put them in myself. Will the engine have to come up very much for the new ones?

11 hours ago, j hancock said:

Atro may have a polyurethane mount for your application.

https://www.atrobushing.com/search?q=&manufacturers[]=mack&underhood_cab=Engine+Mounts

I appreciate that lead. Here's exactly what I need.  https://www.atrobushing.com/product/MM62-622M2

Edited by Deere Mack

1 hour ago, JoeH said:

Most of the ones I've done on our trucks the bolts have been seized to the nut so we have to torch them off. Be careful you don't cook airlines and wires.

I'll plan on that since every nut and bolt I've tried to remove on this truck was seized.  Did a king pin job on the thing and couldn't get the nut off the king pin. I promise it was a last resort but I had to cut the spindles to get to the nut in order to torch it all off.  Luckily I've got a good graveyard close by that had some spindles.

• Sad 1