Mack r model fuel tanks

On 10/12/2019 at 12:35 AM, alex g said:

Have to measure diameter of tanks unless you plan on changing straps. If your looking for anything ask here in parts wanted you'll likely find it here.

Do you think the j bracket that holds the tank wouldn't fit if the tank was a different diameter, not just the strap? I am assuming both trucks would utilise the same tanks as the ch is the predecessor of the r model.

J brackets won't work on a larger tank. they will crease and eventually puncture the tanks. Only way short of replacing them is to re radius them to match the larger diameter tanks.

Edited by 41chevy

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

On 10/11/2019 at 5:40 AM, Roscoetaggart said:

hi guys

In the process of restoring my r model currently, I am after two alloy round fuel tanks and have found two that are off an early ch in good condition, will these tanks fit my r model? 

Cheers

What size are you looking for (gallon capacity) and are you opposed to buying new? My '95 has aluminum tanks, if you use my vin at the dealer it should get you a set of ~50 gallon tanks....