Aftermarket "checken Hauler" Light Place Ment

I want to add some tastefull lighting to the Western. I was thinking about adding a single amber light under the batt box to reflect off the air tanks and a few on the step ends? I dont think the air cleaner lights wold work having only 1 cleaner and I dont have the rear cab lights but was thinking about installing some red lights on the deck plate to reflect off the rear cab wall. Again im not looking to out do a everyday pete or KW but at night its pretty dark out back as the brake lights are all to be seen.

:MackLogo:

I want to add some tastefull lighting to the Western. I was thinking about adding a single amber light under the batt box to reflect off the air tanks and a few on the step ends? I dont think the air cleaner lights  wold work having only 1 cleaner and I dont have the rear cab lights but was thinking about installing some red lights on the deck plate to reflect off the rear cab wall. Again im not looking to out do a everyday pete or KW but at night its pretty dark out back as the brake lights are all to be seen.

:MackLogo:

I seen some of the 4 inch clear lamps that would be on the rear of the sleeper or as a reverse lamp with a red bulb inside, I thought it looked cool.

fred

15 gears...no waiting!

I seen some of the 4 inch clear lamps that would be on the rear of the sleeper or as a reverse lamp with a red bulb inside, I thought it looked cool.

fred

I've put some thought into a few small yellow/red lights under door of my B. Nothing gawdy, but enough to see steps/tanks at night.

I put (4) 4" LED tailights out back on the diamond plate tail panel and my friend told me it really twinkles at night following me down the road. I have stainless mudflap weights to install yet.

Trying to keep it just tasteful :P

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

I agree, I like some lights..."some" being the key word. Remember, Christmas only comes once per year! Show us some pics when you get a chance!! :thumb:

bmodel_logo.png
Barry - Watt's Truck Center Parts Manager and BMT Webmaster...1-888-304-MACK

yea I was thinking about under the cab larry. not to many as its an old truck and it looks bette with less...

now Im going to adress something here about me and ol mike

Don't get it lit up too much,the runs will show at nite too.

if you are talking about the 2-3 runs on the door its all within a learning experiance. and its been a good one.

Mike I have let you slide on what seams some times rude comments about me or the 2 truck I own. if you still have beef with me about your sister truck that I used for parts for my current truck, keep it on the farm. I loaded your B model (that I found and offered 1st up to you) in chicago on to a truck that came with 2 chains that could barley fit around me. one snapped and almost cought my friend running the bulldozer. I sold you the parts left over from your sister truck for $350 ($100 went to my friend who came over with a bob cat to load you) I never asked for money when using equipment to load you and was even going to trade you the title to your sister truck. When you went to court for the trucks you have and I gave you my kind words of hope to you....

If you have a problem with me just tell me why and get over it....

maybee I see you wrong ..if so sorry...its just the last 3 posts from you are all hinting you to be after me ??

See you in Wallcott

Trent :MackLogo:

I dont know if you guys in the Us have LED light units , but they certainly stand out. I fitted 3 Blue LEDs under the doors on 2mm brakets and they shine off the diesel tanks, talk about glow!

I also had the squashed type aircleaner scoops, I fitted inside them an alloy panel to which I spelt the letter H in blue Leds, there were 3 in each and you could see the truck comming towards you at a bout 1 km away, BUT the law enforcement authorities in NZ , dont like it so i had to replace the blue with yellow, same intensity, different colour.

nigel :SMOKIE-LFT:

Yup, we have LED's here also. Becoming more popular also, since they make them in all configurations. I will probably be using them to add a couple on the side of my B.

I really like the LED sequencial turn signals....so I put a pair in the texas square bumper out front.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

I like the LEDs for tail lights or bumper markers etc... but the one thing that bothers me is that they blind the sorounding aera where they are placed. When im runing the road at nite and a 04 pete goes by all I can see is a oarnge and red dot across the hwy LOL.

I want to stick with the bulb style to keep with the era of the truck.. hopefully the Iowa 80 will have some left after this weekends show

trent

• 3 weeks later...